- Vandalia, Ohio
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Maintenance Fleet Administrator
Location: Dayton OH
Reports to: Manager Fleet Administration
Summary/Objective: The Maintenance Fleet Administrator’s primary objective is to work with others in the organization to improve short term (tail specific) reliability first time fix rate timely MEL removal and assist with returning long out-of-service aircraft using and analyzing aircraft data technical publications and other forms of information.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist and support the Vice President of Maintenance and Engineering and other senior management in projecting a strong commitment to the uncompromising promotion of safety and regulatory compliance.
- Assist with returning long out-of-service aircraft to service which may include the identification of parts tooling technical data identification and coordination of delivery to required personnel.
- Validate and approve the Configuration Control and Compatibility of parts installed on an aircraft.
- Review aircraft deferral activity and monitor for repeat discrepancies. Develop action plans to include required part research/identification and required technical data.
- Provide 24/7 analytics for Maintenance Diagnostic Computer downloads as required for Maintenance.
- Assist in reporting to FAA all SDR/MISR’s as required by FAR 121.703 and 121.705.
- Participate in the authoring of non-standard Operational Check and Ferry Flights.
- Act as a production planner in reviewing aircraft deferred items to ensure required parts are identified within M&E system. When required assist with the movement of parts with MOC/AOG personnel.
- Monitor tail specific reliability issues and assign corrective actions as required.
- Provide 24/7 technical assistance to company personnel.
- Assist with building Temporary Repair Requirements within the M&E system.
- Partner and collaborate with maintenance controllers technical service specialists component repair analysts and reliability analysts in achieving superior reliability results.
- All other duties as assigned.
Competencies and Knowledge: The successful candidate must have advanced CRJ technical experience ability to mine scrub and analyze maintenance data and be a self-starter in proactively identifying and implementing solutions. Candidate should have demonstrated skills in the following: leadership and management; coaching; influence; mentorship; approachability; time and performance management; strong organizational skills; proactive and collaborative approach to problem-solving; positive communication skills (verbal and written); ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment; ability to interact with all levels of company personnel; strong team player; professional aptitude; ability to manage multiple projects at one time with time sensitive deadlines; ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive situations appropriately when performing job duties; and adaptability in an aggressive growth environment.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers telephones photocopiers facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 10 lbs.; use hands to finger handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a fulltime position with an expectation of evening and weekend hours. Days and hours of work are determined by shift Monday through Sunday 24 hours a day.
Travel: Travel maybe expected of this position. (10%)
Required Education and Experience: Must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Minimum of four (4) years of CRJ technical experience required. . Current FAA “Airframe and Powerplant” license or avionics degree (or equivalent) required. Strong communication and verbal skills is required. Advanced aircraft maintenance analytical and troubleshooting skills required. Strong ability in the use of technical data such as wiring manuals structural repair manuals and engineering repairs. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software required.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Above average knowledge of FAA regulations is preferred.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race color creed religion sex (including pregnancy gender identity and sexual orientation) national origin citizenship status age disability genetic information protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Maintenance Safety & Compliance Specialist - Vandalia OH
Maintenance Safety Specialist - Vandalia OH
Maintenance Operations Duty Manager - Vandalia OH
Director Maintenance Operations - Vandalia OH
Manager of Fleet Administration - Vandalia OH
Maintenance Controller DAY - Vandalia OH
Maintenance Safety Management System Specialist - Vandalia OH
Maintenance Operations Duty Manager - Vandalia OH
Maintenance Manager - Pensacola FL
Heavy Maintenance Representative - Bridgeport WV
PSA Airlines is a wholly-owned subsidiary of American Airlines Group and operates an all-jet fleet consisting of exclusively Bombardier regional jet aircraft. The company’s more than 2,400 employees operate nearly 600 daily flights to nearly 90 destinations. Headquartered in Dayton, Ohio, PSA also has flight crew bases located in Dayton, Cincinnati, Ohio, Knoxville, Tennessee, and Charlotte, North Carolina. PSA has maintenance facilities in Dayton and Canton, Ohio and Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Airport and Charlotte, North Carolina. As of year-end 2015, PSA operates 35 Bombardier CRJ 200 aircraft, 26 Bombardier CRJ 700 aircraft and 36 Bombardier CRJ 900 NextGen aircraft. The airline expects to add an additional 35 Bombardier CRJ 700 aircraft and 18 Bombardier CRJ 900 aircraft to its fleet in the next two years, tripling its fleet size and employee base since the airline’s growth plan was announced in December 2013.