Maintenance Student Pathway Featured
- Job ID
Maintenance Student Pathway job at PSA Airlines in OH
Description, duties, responsibilities
Maintenance Student Pathway (MSP) Program
Location: Varies (OH VA NC SC GA FL)
Employment Status: Full-time
Reports To: Maintenance Manager
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared professional excellence is expected and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe secure and happy. It is The PSA Way which focuses on our goals safety respect preparedness professional excellence and passion. This foundation reflects how we think act and communicate with one another and our customers.
As a selected member of the Maintenance Student Pathways Program our goal is assist you the aviation maintenance student in your efforts to obtain your FAA Certified Airframe and Powerplant License by fully-funding the cost of your first time taking all FAA-required testing for the A&P certifications. This is an extremely competitive program for which we are seeking students that are willing to take the extra step to secure their future and their career in aviation.
This program is available to select universities colleges and aviation maintenance programs.
• Submit application
• Conduct Phone Screen with Recruiter
• Submit Survey (to be sent by your recruiter)
• Turn in a recommendation letter from a teacher
• Interview with Recruiter/Program Administrator
The Maintenance Student Pathway program for current Airframe and Powerplant Certification students may receive:
• Funds from PSA for your first time taking all FAA required testing for the A&P certifications (writtens orals and practicals)
• Priority access to Apprenticeship Programs
• Additional training and academic support from Aviation Maintenance Professionals currently in the field
• $2500 Sign-On Bonus
• When applicable some participants may also receive Relocation Assistance and Experience Bonuses
Responsibilities While in the Program
• Maintain 3.0 GPA in your aviation maintenance courses or program
• Attend quarterly meetings or events with PSA Airlines or your recruiter
• Schedule and successfully pass your Airframe and Powerplant testing within 60 days of graduation
• Upon obtainment of your Airframe and Powerplant certification there is a two year commitment to PSA Airlines
Responsibilities Once Hired
• Will perform tasks necessary to comply with Federal Aviation Regulations and accept the responsibility for work performed by him/herself and/or in conjunction with others and sign for same on the Companys approved forms.
• Work will consist of and include any and all phases of repair and maintenance of aircraft with the aid of the employees own tools specialty tools provided by the Company the use of test equipment and Company-supplied technical manuals.
• In certain cases he/she may be authorized to perform required inspection items and assist in Company training programs.
• Be currently enrolled in an FAA-Certified Aviation Maintenance Program
• Be 6-12 months or at least two semesters from graduation and certification testing
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Valid state-issued Drivers License
• Must have or be able to obtain a valid passport
To be successful at PSA you should be:
Work Environment: This job operates inside a climate controlled building. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers telephones photocopiers facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; bend/stoop occasionally; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race color creed religion sex (including pregnancy gender identity and sexual orientation) national origin citizenship status age disability genetic information protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requisition ID: 2018-1384
PSA Airlines Company Overview
PSA Airlines operates an all-jet fleet consisting of exclusively Bombardier regional jet aircraft. We have an incredible team of more than 3900 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Headquartered in Dayton Ohio PSA also has flight crew bases located in Dayton Cincinnati Ohio Knoxville Tennessee Washington D.C. Charlotte North Carolina Philadelphia Pennsylvania and Norfolk Virginia. PSA has maintenance facilities in Akron-Canton Airport (CAK) Charlotte-Douglas International Airport (CLT) Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) Greenville-Spartanburg (GSP) Norfolk International Airport (ORF) Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport (SAV)Pensacola Florida (PNS) and Dayton International Airport (DAY). PSA operates 35 Bombardier CRJ200 aircraft 41 Bombardier CRJ700 aircraft and 54 Bombardier CRJ900 aircraft. The airline expects to add additional aircraft bringing its fleet count to 150.