Cadet Pilot Program Featured
- Job ID
Cadet Pilot Program job at PSA Airlines in OH
Description, duties, responsibilities
Cadet Pilot Program
A Career Path from Private Pilot to Airline Pilot
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared professional excellence is expected and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe secure and happy. It is The PSA Way which focuses on our goals safety respect preparedness professional excellence and passion. This foundation reflects how we think act and communicate with one another and our customers.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance Short and Long-term Disability Flexible Spending Plan (FSA) and supplementary options
PSA is one of the first regional airlines to launch its Cadet Program to help the most promising future pilots make a smooth transition from the classroom to the cockpit. The Cadet Program initiative is just one other way PSA Airlines offers the most comprehensive benefits to its pilots. PSA Airlines is the fastest-growing regional airline in the country and with the fastest upgrade time in the industry and a true pilot-flow-through agreement to American your career as a mainline pilot for the largest airline in the world can start here.
Available at select universities colleges and flight academies.
• Your eligibility begins once you complete your Private Pilot Certificate.
• Successfully complete an interview with PSA to become a Cadet in the program.
- Cadets are offered numerous opportunities including mentorship with airline industry experts and
• Upon completion of your CFI you are eligible to become a Cadet Instructor which allows you to receive:
- Up to $5000 in partial tuition reimbursement paid to you as you build time.
- Cadet Instructor placement if required to any one of PSAs partner universities colleges and flight
• ATP-CTP Course paid upon reaching ATP/R-ATP minimum flight experience requirements.
- PSA will pay for the ATP-CTP course (valued at $5000) for qualified candidates needing to
complete the ATP written exam prior to new hire training.
• Hotel accommodations and ground transportation during the ATP-CTP course will be provided.
- Get placed into the next available class at PSA upon reaching minimums no additional interview
• Receive an additional $6000 tuition reimbursement paid in full on the first day of new hire First Officer class.
• Flow-through to American Airlines with no additional interview once completing requirements at PSA.
- New hires at PSA are projected to flow to American Airlines after only 6 years.
Interview process is broken down into 3 sections:
Section 1 – HR Interview – Cadet
Section 2 – Technical and Simulator/Training Device Evaluation – Senior Cadet
Section 3 – Captain Review Board and Letter of Commitment – Cadet Instructor
To be successful at PSA you should be:
Work Environment: This job operates inside a climate controlled building. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers telephones photocopiers facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; bend/stoop occasionally; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race color creed religion sex (including pregnancy gender identity and sexual orientation) national origin citizenship status age disability genetic information protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requisition ID: 2019-1788
PSA Airlines Company Overview
PSA Airlines operates an all-jet fleet consisting of exclusively Bombardier regional jet aircraft. We have an incredible team of more than 3900 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Headquartered in Dayton Ohio PSA also has flight crew bases located in Dayton Cincinnati Ohio Knoxville Tennessee Washington D.C. Charlotte North Carolina Philadelphia Pennsylvania and Norfolk Virginia. PSA has maintenance facilities in Akron-Canton Airport (CAK) Charlotte-Douglas International Airport (CLT) Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) Greenville-Spartanburg (GSP) Norfolk International Airport (ORF) Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport (SAV)Pensacola Florida (PNS) and Dayton International Airport (DAY). PSA operates 35 Bombardier CRJ200 aircraft 41 Bombardier CRJ700 aircraft and 54 Bombardier CRJ900 aircraft. The airline expects to add additional aircraft bringing its fleet count to 150.