First Officer Featured
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
First Officer job at PSA Airlines in Charlotte NC
Description, duties, responsibilities
PSA Airlines is a wholly-owned subsidiary of American Airlines Group (AAG) seeking first officers to fill positions in all crew bases. $38.50 First Year Pay up to $20000 Sign on Bonus $3000 Commuting Allowance AAG Profit Sharingand $5000 Pilot Referral Bonus available to all eligible employees!
QUALIFICATIONS: TO BE CONSIDERED FOR IMMEDIATE EMPLOYMENT
(NOTE: Candidates may apply if they are within 3 months of meeting the minimum qualifications for immediate employment.)
- Must have necessary hours and qualifications under the ATP requirements or the restricted ATP requirements
- 25 Hours Multi-Engine required (Must be actual aircraft time. Flight Simulator time does NOT count.) (FAR 61.159)
- FCC Restricted Radio Operator's Permit
- First Class Medical
- Valid Passport
Once hired the Flight Simulator portion of your PSA Pilot Training will satisfy the remaining ATP multi-engine requirements
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The First Officer is required to call the Captain's attention to any deviation from regulations Company policy or safe operating practices. The duties of the First Officer shall include the following:
- Compliance with Company and FAA procedures directives and regulations affecting the proposed flight.
- Performing the duties of the Second-in-Command (SIC) in accordance with Company Standardization Program.
- Aiding the Captain in preflight preparation as appropriate.
- Perform a visual preflight (walk-around) inspection prior to each flight.
- Perform a visual post-flight inspection after each flight.
- Assuming secondarily all responsibilities of the Captain and in the event the Captain becomes incapacitated full responsibility of the Captain.
- Performing such other duties as may be directed by the Captain.
PSA offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Flight benefits on American Airlines
To ensure a safe environment for all we require a drug screening fingerprinting and criminal/verbal background checks.
PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race color creed religion sex (including pregnancy gender identity and sexual orientation) national origin citizenship status age disability genetic information protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interview process is broken down into 2 sections:
Section 1 - General aviation test
Section 2 - Panel interview of 2-4 individuals
PSA Airlines Company Overview
PSA Airlines is a wholly-owned subsidiary of American Airlines Group and operates an all-jet fleet consisting of exclusively Bombardier regional jet aircraft. The company’s more than 2,400 employees operate nearly 600 daily flights to nearly 90 destinations. Headquartered in Dayton, Ohio, PSA also has flight crew bases located in Dayton, Cincinnati, Ohio, Knoxville, Tennessee, and Charlotte, North Carolina. PSA has maintenance facilities in Dayton and Canton, Ohio and Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Airport and Charlotte, North Carolina. As of year-end 2015, PSA operates 35 Bombardier CRJ 200 aircraft, 26 Bombardier CRJ 700 aircraft and 36 Bombardier CRJ 900 NextGen aircraft. The airline expects to add an additional 35 Bombardier CRJ 700 aircraft and 18 Bombardier CRJ 900 aircraft to its fleet in the next two years, tripling its fleet size and employee base since the airline’s growth plan was announced in December 2013.