- Vandalia, Ohio
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Director Maintenance Operations
Department: Maintenance Operations
Reports to: Vice President Maintenance
Location: Vandalia OH (relocation assistance available)
Travel: estimated 20%
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Now is an exciting time to join PSA! Our operations strive to meet the expectations of our parent company American Airlines and you could be a part of ensuring that PSA Airlines remains known in the industry for its outstanding safety performance and training culture. Since 2014 PSA has more than doubled in size and will continue to expand to support 150 Bombardier CRJ aircraft. Help us hire the best of the best to meet these growth plans.
: At PSA we are a close-knit passionate team that values each other’s opinions and we hold ourselves and others accountable to be our absolute best. We strive to live the PSA Way
– exemplifying Passion Professional Excellence Safety Respect and being Prepared in everything we do. Engaging our employees is extremely important to us and we seek to hire a leader that will exemplify the PSA Way.
Summary/Objective: With general leadership from the Vice President of Maintenance and Engineering responsible for directing managing and coordinating activities related to Maintenance Control Maintenance Planning and Powerplant operations. Oversees a growing organization that includes 4 direct reports and approximately 50 indirect reports.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Leadership commitment and promotion of safety as a core value of the maintenance organization.
- Responsible for providing leadership to direct staff to ensure the various teams incorporate continuous improvement methods to efficiently support maintenance production and the daily operation.
- Responsible for ensuring proper and efficient protocols are developed and utilized within Maintenance Control and Maintenance Planning to successfully coordinate daily maintenance activities.
- Oversee the development of all budgets forecasts and projections related to powerplant operations Maintenance Control and Maintenance Planning.
- Responsible for the creation and administration of performance metrics for various departments.
- Oversee and administer all engine and APU commercial support agreements with contracted service providers.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable company policies procedures and mandates and with all relevant Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Aid in the development of training programs for assigned personnel and ensure that assigned personnel are properly trained.
- Provide staffing recommendations to the Vice President of Maintenance and Engineering.
- Analyze and arrive at the root causes of operational issues recommending problem-solving solutions.
- Ability to establish and maintain system of accountability capability commitment execution and results in sustainable ways.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- BS degree in Aviation Maintenance Management or related field
- Current FAA “Airframe and Powerplant” license required
- At least five (5) years’ experience within the last eight (8) years leading teams within a Part 121 maintenance organization
- Extensive experience working in maintenance control is required
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software required
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Experience with Bombardier CRJ aircraft or similar preferred
- Experience in commercial service contract negotiations and administration preferred.
Competencies and Knowledge: The successful candidate should have demonstrated skills in the following: leadership and management; coaching; influence; mentorship; strategic planning; approachability; time and performance management; strong organizational skills; proactive and collaborative approach to problem-solving; positive communication skills (verbal and written); ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment; ability to interact with all levels of company personnel; strong team player; professional aptitude; ability to manage multiple projects at one time with time sensitive deadlines; ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive situations appropriately when performing job duties; and adaptability in an aggressive growth environment.
Supervisory Responsibility: This is a supervisory position with responsibility for the overall supervision of all assigned management and support staff.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers telephones photocopiers facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; use hands to finger handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: Office hours are 0800 – 1700 with occasional extended periods of time as necessary to support airline operations. On-call twenty-four (24) hours a day seven (7) days a week for extended periods of time as needed.
Travel: Travel of approximately 20% is required of this position.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race color creed religion sexual orientation national origin citizenship status protected veteran status age marital status sexual orientation gender identity genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Maintenance Operations Duty Manager - Vandalia OH
Maintenance Fleet Administrator - Vandalia OH
Operations Training Coordinator - Vandalia OH
Maintenance Safety & Compliance Specialist - Vandalia OH
Maintenance Controller DAY - Vandalia OH
Maintenance Safety Management System Specialist - Vandalia OH
Maintenance Operations Duty Manager - Vandalia OH
Maintenance Controller CLT - Charlotte NC
Heavy Maintenance Representative - Bridgeport WV
CLT Base Operations Coordinator - Charlotte NC
PSA Airlines is a wholly-owned subsidiary of American Airlines Group and operates an all-jet fleet consisting of exclusively Bombardier regional jet aircraft. The company’s more than 2,400 employees operate nearly 600 daily flights to nearly 90 destinations. Headquartered in Dayton, Ohio, PSA also has flight crew bases located in Dayton, Cincinnati, Ohio, Knoxville, Tennessee, and Charlotte, North Carolina. PSA has maintenance facilities in Dayton and Canton, Ohio and Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Airport and Charlotte, North Carolina. As of year-end 2015, PSA operates 35 Bombardier CRJ 200 aircraft, 26 Bombardier CRJ 700 aircraft and 36 Bombardier CRJ 900 NextGen aircraft. The airline expects to add an additional 35 Bombardier CRJ 700 aircraft and 18 Bombardier CRJ 900 aircraft to its fleet in the next two years, tripling its fleet size and employee base since the airline’s growth plan was announced in December 2013.