- Vandalia, Ohio
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Safety Specialist (FOQA/LOSA)
Location: Dayton OH
Reports to: Flight Safety Program Manager - FOQA/LOSA
Summary/Objective: The Safety Specialist (Flight Operations Quality Assurance (FOQA) and Line Operation Safety Audit (LOSA)) Analyst will assist in the day-to-day administration of the FOQA and LOSA Programs. This position will also assist with the Emergency Response program by conducting training keeping the company manuals up to date and conducting drills. This position will interact with company managers union representatives and the FAA.
- Assist in facilitating the FOQA Monitoring Team (FMT) meetings.
- Review FOQA data with the FMT and provide analysis support as required.
- Maintain parameter definition event sets and coordinate changes with the FMT in addition to maintain a log of any changes that are made.
- Maintain a FOQA history log of corrective actions.
- Monitor the status of corrective actions/recommendations.
- Disseminate FOQA information to the PSA stakeholders.
- Coordinate maintenance issues with PSA Maintenance and Engineering.
- Track/Trend the top safety issues out of the FOQA program.
- Develop and maintain the FOQA documentation (I&O Plan and FOQA MOU).
- Manage password selection and maintenance of the Aerobytes program.
- Create Safety Promotional (Quarterly FOQA Scorecard FOQA Bulletins etc.)
- Conduct various safety promotional presentations to increase the knowledge and awareness of the PSA FOQA program and support departmental safety promotional efforts as needed.
- Help maintain the PSA Flight Safety Index.
- Assist in facilitating the LOSA Steering Committee meetings.
- Review LOSA data with the LOSA Steering Committee.
- Track/trend the top safety issues out of the LOSA program.
- Disseminate LOSA information to the PSA stakeholders.
- Assist in training and supervising LOSA observers.
- Assist in revising LOSA program documents (meeting minutes Observer’s Guide etc.)
- Assist with the Emergency Response program.
- Assist in updating the Emergency Response Manual (ERM).
- Assist with training on the Emergency Response program.
- Maintain the Go Team member list Go Team training and Go Team kits.
- In absence duties will be completed by the Flight Safety Program Manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Competencies and Knowledge: The successful candidate should have demonstrated skills in the following: approachability; time and performance management; strong organizational skills; proactive and collaborative approach to problem-solving; positive communication skills (verbal and written); ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment; ability to interact with all levels of company personnel; strong team player; professional aptitude; ability to manage multiple projects at one time with time sensitive deadlines; ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive situations appropriately when performing job duties; prepare presentations; and adaptability in an aggressive growth environment.
Supervisory Responsibility: This is not a supervisory position.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers telephones photocopiers facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday typically from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm with occasional extended periods of time as necessary.
Travel: Some travel will be expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree required with a concentration in Aviation or Aviation Safety preferred. One year of FOQA or aviation safety related experience preferred. Commercial Pilot’s Licenses preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of programs required.
- Excellent writing/communication skills preferred.
- Ability to perform statistical analysis.
- English proficiency required.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Ability to speak/read/write in English. Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office programs.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race color creed religion national origin citizenship status protected veteran status age marital status sex sexual orientation gender identity genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Technical Support Specialist - Vandalia OH
Part Time Safety Assistant - Vandalia OH
Maintenance Safety Specialist - Vandalia OH
Maintenance Safety & Compliance Specialist - Vandalia OH
Technical Support Specialist - OH
Technical Support Specialist - North Canton OH
Technical Support Specialist - Charlotte NC
Technical Support Specialist - Norfolk VA
Inflight Electronic Support Specialist - Charlotte NC
Technical Support Specialist - Greer SC
PSA Airlines is a wholly-owned subsidiary of American Airlines Group and operates an all-jet fleet consisting of exclusively Bombardier regional jet aircraft. The company’s more than 2,400 employees operate nearly 600 daily flights to nearly 90 destinations. Headquartered in Dayton, Ohio, PSA also has flight crew bases located in Dayton, Cincinnati, Ohio, Knoxville, Tennessee, and Charlotte, North Carolina. PSA has maintenance facilities in Dayton and Canton, Ohio and Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Airport and Charlotte, North Carolina. As of year-end 2015, PSA operates 35 Bombardier CRJ 200 aircraft, 26 Bombardier CRJ 700 aircraft and 36 Bombardier CRJ 900 NextGen aircraft. The airline expects to add an additional 35 Bombardier CRJ 700 aircraft and 18 Bombardier CRJ 900 aircraft to its fleet in the next two years, tripling its fleet size and employee base since the airline’s growth plan was announced in December 2013.