Inflight Services Supervisor Featured
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- Job ID
Inflight Services Supervisor job at PSA Airlines in Charlotte NC
Description, duties, responsibilities
Inflight Services Supervisor
• Location: Charlotte NC
• Work Schedule: Full Time (expectation of occasional on site office coverage on evenings and weekend as job duties demand days and hours of work in the office environment are based on a rotating schedule)
• Reports To: Assistant Director of Inflight Service
• Direct Reports: Varies per month
• Relocation: Some relocation assistance available
• Travel: Occasional out-of-area and overnight travel may be required (up to 50% of the work week)
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared professional excellence is expected and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe secure and happy. It is The PSA Way which focuses on our goals safety respect preparedness professional excellence and passion. This foundation reflects how we think act and communicate with one another and our customers.
Charlotte NC – Charlotte hosts one of PSAs senior bases. It is the largest city in the state of North Carolina and the third-fastest growing major city in the United States. Nicknamed the “Queen City” this city upholds rich history and southern hospitality. You will enjoy the food scene art and history. Home of the Carolina Panthers Charlotte Motor Speedway NASCAR Hall of Fame and Carolinas Aviation Museum this city offers an abundance of activities.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance Short and Long-term Disability Flexible Spending Plan (FSA) and supplementary options
The Inflight Supervisor directly reports to their assigned Inflight Services Duty Manager and is responsible for serving as the liaison with local and system departments e.g. Scheduling OCC Ramp Control Passenger Service Ramp Service and the Inflight Department. This is a high-energy fast-paced job that is responsible for providing essential support for the operation and frontline Inflight Employees (Flight Attendants).
• Responsible for assuring that the highest standards of safety compliance and customer service are met by flight attendants
• As the front line face of Inflight Management Supervisors must be able to maintain a professional image and demeanor at all times. Supervisors should care for their customers needs in a resourceful and gracious manner. Supervisors must take specific and immediate action to resolve conflict amongst all customers external and internal
• Maintains a calm and professional demeanor while demonstrating strong interpersonal skills
• Responds to Flight Attendant needs questions and requests in a timely manner
• Acts as a liaison between Inflight other departments and Station Personnel
• Provides Inflight Service assistance for inbound and outbound flights e.g.; Flight Attendant injuries and aircraft emergencies. Responds quickly and effectively to unplanned events encountered in a fast paced Aviation environment to include handling Crew conflict and emergency situations.
• Conducts coaching and counseling on Flight Attendant performance attendance and appearance when needed
• Lead and conducts investigations regarding Flight Attendant performance and attendance with direction of the Inflight Services Duty Manager
• Provides feedback to the Inflight Services Duty Managers regarding employee performance and attendance
• Tracks and follows up on delays that have been coded to Inflight to affect a positive change in key performance indicators (KPI)
• Works with Inflight personnel to maximize their performance potential with regards to timeliness and attendance to include providing follow up on reliability related issues
• Conducts daily Concourse audits in the terminal which includes; meeting aircraft and crew on the concourse checking for Flight Attendant compliance and supporting the operational needs to include pre-boarding aircraft helping with putting away catering items supplying needed documents to the crewmembers assuming the role of Flight Attendant in the absence of available crewmembers.
• Maintains visibility throughout the concourse and in the crew rooms for at least one hour per day
• Travels offsite to conduct station visits to audit performance and build relationships in outstations
• Conducts Observation flights each month which includes; occupying a passenger seat evaluating service providing education to the Crewmembers check compliance and act as a Crewmember in the event of emergency.
• Coordinates activities of department with related activities of other departments to ensure efficiency and economy
• Prepares reports and records on department activities for upper management
• Acts as a liaison between Inflight Operations and the Inflight Standards and Training groups to ensure that best practices are implemented and to provide feedback regarding real world implementation and performance of new or changed procedures
• Supervisors are responsible for managing all areas of Line Flight Attendant performance while sustaining a high level of cooperation communication and professionalism between Line Flight Attendants and Inflight Management. Therefore Supervisors will frequently work throughout the flying system with brief office duties.
• May be utilized as a witness to disciplinary meetings or conduct meetings
• Interface with other departments to ensure manual consistency
• May act in the role of Inflight Services Duty Manager during an absence of said person when prior delegation of duties has been arranged with the Assistant Director of Inflight Services
• Performs other duties as required
• Retain qualification and currency as a PSA Airlines Flight Attendant on all aircraft types to which flight attendant personnel are assigned. Meet all physical and safety sensitive requirements of the Flight Attendant position.
• Three to five years of experience in a supervisory position
• Flight Attendant experience and certification
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Word Excel PowerPoint Outlook etc.
• Associates or Bachelors degree in a related field of study
• Previous aviation experience
• Strong supervisory and interpersonal skills
• Ability to supervise and support non-management and contract labor work groups
• Ability to concurrently handle multiple responsibilities
• Ability to work rotating shifts night and weekends to meet the operational needs
• Ability to fulfill FAA criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA) if applicable
• Ability to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges if applicable
• Ability to pass a background reference check and criminal fingerprint check
• Ability to effectively communicate with all levels both verbally and written
To be successful at PSA you should be:
To be successful in this position you should be great at:
• Performance management
• Problem solving
• Working with minimal supervision in a team environment
• Coaching & Development
• Driving Excellence
• Facilitating Change
• Strategic Thinking
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers telephones photocopiers facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race color creed religion sex (including pregnancy gender identity and sexual orientation) national origin citizenship status age disability genetic information protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requisition ID: 2019-1785
Street: 4800 Hangar Road
PSA Airlines Company Overview
PSA Airlines operates an all-jet fleet consisting of exclusively Bombardier regional jet aircraft. We have an incredible team of more than 3900 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Headquartered in Dayton Ohio PSA also has flight crew bases located in Dayton Cincinnati Ohio Knoxville Tennessee Washington D.C. Charlotte North Carolina Philadelphia Pennsylvania and Norfolk Virginia. PSA has maintenance facilities in Akron-Canton Airport (CAK) Charlotte-Douglas International Airport (CLT) Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) Greenville-Spartanburg (GSP) Norfolk International Airport (ORF) Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport (SAV)Pensacola Florida (PNS) and Dayton International Airport (DAY). PSA operates 35 Bombardier CRJ200 aircraft 41 Bombardier CRJ700 aircraft and 54 Bombardier CRJ900 aircraft. The airline expects to add additional aircraft bringing its fleet count to 150.