Security And Compliance Specialist Featured
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- Job ID
Security And Compliance Specialist job at PSA Airlines in Charlotte NC
Description, duties, responsibilities
Security and Compliance Specialist
• Location: Charlotte NC or Dayton OH
• Work Schedule: Full Time (occasional evening and weekend hours as job duties demand)
• Reports To: Manager of Security and Compliance
• Direct Reports: None
• Travel: Some travel will be expected with this position
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared professional excellence is expected and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe secure and happy. It is The PSA Way which focuses on our goals safety respect preparedness professional excellence and passion. This foundation reflects how we think act and communicate with one another and our customers.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance Short and Long-term Disability Flexible Spending Plan (FSA) and supplementary options
The Security and Compliance Specialist position will assist with the overall coordination of all security related programs and the operational reporting system of PSA Airlines. This position will interact with company managers union representatives the TSA and the FAA. The position is responsible for maintaining and auditing the company databases for airline identification media Criminal History Records Check (CHRC) and ensuring coordination with applicable regulatory bodies.
• Assist with the overall coordination of all security related programs and the operational reporting system of PSA Airlines Inc.
• Train new Security Department employees on departmental processes.
• Perform employee vetting process for the TSA watch list.
• Address and follow-up on station-related operations reports submitted by the ERC.
• Responsible for the development and distribution of Security and Compliance training and awareness within the company.
• Review process and maintain Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Criminal History Records Check (CHRC) of applicants to determine employment eligibility with departmental management oversight.
• Lead signatory for DAY airport SIDA. Duties include coordinating and obtaining SIDA access for all PSA employees for which it is required at DAY airport.
• Provide Base Coordinators with the necessary information for employees to obtain SIDA access at all crew and maintenance bases.
• Maintain company databases with regards to TSA CBP Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and Master Crew List (MCL) to ensure accuracy and compliance with national and international security agencies.
• Responsible for performing audits of Security and Ground Operations processes and procedures.
• Maintain and audit the company databases for airline identification media.
• Maintain company databases with regards to Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and Master Crew List (MCL) to ensure accuracy and compliance with international security agencies.
• Review PSA Security Operations Manual for necessary updates.
• Responsible for the maintenance and administration of employee identification media for new-hires renewal replacement and leave of absence.
• Manually update access for all recurrent and upgrade training classes every week.
• Assists Compliance Specialists with collecting random reasonable suspicion and post-accident/incident drug and alcohol tests as available.
• Acts as Security and Compliance Department subject matter expert on PSA Security-related programs.
• Responsible for manually updating and maintaining building access for all DAY facilities and employees.
• Issue temporary access badges for all new-hire employees and maintain database to track issuance and returns.
• Organize review and ensure proper dissemination of all Security Directives Information Circulars TSA Guidance Material and all other security documents to appropriate departments within PSA Airlines.
• Investigate and review TSA letters of Investigation that could result in security violations or subject the company to potential civil penalty.
• Provide investigation reports to Manager of Security and Compliance for review and response.
• Coordinate with Security and Compliance Auditor with information required to establish Safety Assurance in response to a TSA Letter of Investigation
• Review all RAPBACK activity and coordinate with employees their respective manager and VPOS to determine appropriate action to be taken.
• Complete monthly quarterly and annual reports to be submitted to internal stakeholders.
• Assists Department Manager with projects for PSA Security-related programs.
• Perform any additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• In absence Manager of Security and Compliance will reassign tasks.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office programs
• Valid drivers license
• Ability to speak/read/write in English
• Must be able to obtain airport SIDA badging
• If hired must be able to demonstrate that you are authorized to work in the US.
• Bachelors degree in a safety security or aviation-related discipline or equivalent aviation industry work experience
• At least two years of experience in aviation administration
To be successful at PSA you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Drive
To be successful in this position you should be great at:
• Time management
• Problem solving
• Working with minimal supervision in a team environment
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers telephones photocopiers facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race color creed religion sex (including pregnancy gender identity and sexual orientation) national origin citizenship status age disability genetic information protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requisition ID: 2021-2675
Street: 4800 Hangar Road
PSA Airlines Company Overview
PSA Airlines operates an all-jet fleet consisting of exclusively Bombardier regional jet aircraft. We have an incredible team of more than 3900 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Headquartered in Dayton Ohio PSA also has flight crew bases located in Dayton Cincinnati Ohio Knoxville Tennessee Washington D.C. Charlotte North Carolina Philadelphia Pennsylvania and Norfolk Virginia. PSA has maintenance facilities in Akron-Canton Airport (CAK) Charlotte-Douglas International Airport (CLT) Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) Greenville-Spartanburg (GSP) Norfolk International Airport (ORF) Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport (SAV)Pensacola Florida (PNS) and Dayton International Airport (DAY). PSA operates 35 Bombardier CRJ200 aircraft 41 Bombardier CRJ700 aircraft and 54 Bombardier CRJ900 aircraft. The airline expects to add additional aircraft bringing its fleet count to 150.