Maintenance Safety & Compliance Specialist Featured
- Vandalia, Ohio
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Maintenance Safety Compliance Specialist job at PSA Airlines in Vandalia OH
Description, duties, responsibilities
- Support the PSA Safety Management System (SMS) covering all areas in the Maintenance Department.
- Assist in the promotion of the SMS in the Maintenance Department.
- Assist in the drafting of SMS Risk Assessments and Management of Change forms.
- Input and maintain all of the SMS documentation into the SMS database as required.
- Monitors the effective implementation of policies procedures and programs through the Safety Assurance Process.
- Ability to work with front line employees to achieve cultural change within the Maintenance Organization.
- Assist in the development and presentation of SMS training of Maintenance personnel.
- Responsible for Maintenance New Hire Safety presentations for all new Maintenance Technicians.
- Conducts comprehensive risk analysis audits and observations and works with management to develop mitigation strategies to address root causes.
- Conducts Safety Investigations of significant operational mishaps and performs Safety evaluations at facilities to proactively identify and mitigate safety and health hazards.
- Assist each Maintenance Base manager with RCA investigations.
- Ensure compliance with applicable regulations by all maintenance related personnel (Technicians Leads Supervisors and Stores).
- Inspect work areas for compliance with all applicable regulations including but not limited to OSHA and EPA.
- Attend airport safety/compliance meetings at the applicable maintenance base.
- Maintain positive and proactive relations with managers and employees as well as our customers and regulatory agencies.
- Interfaces with other departments FAA and union representatives regarding maintenance safety issues and programs.
- Develops and distributes maintenance safety articles alerts and briefs to communicate critical maintenance safety information.
- Responds to the issues raised by those reports by providing appropriate briefings to company management and posting Maintenance Safety alerts briefs and bulletins for maintenance employees.
- Responsible to create and compile information for the Maintenance Safety Briefing.
- Act as the liaison in between Maintenance bases CASS RCA and the ASAP ERC.
- Interface with the Maintenance Department by participating in the Continuing Analysis and Surveillance System (CASS) meeting and the Maintenance Data Analysis Group (MDAG) meeting.
- Supports the company accident/incident and injury reduction efforts by developing proactive and educational safety programs and by sharing safety data and trends to reduce the frequency and severity of mishaps.
- Participates and works as a Go Team Member in an event of an accident.
- Responsible for the Company’s Security and Safety Management System (SMS) and associated Safety Risk Management and Safety Assurance outputs.
- In absences the Maintenance Safety Program Manager will handle and re-assign tasks.
- Other duties and projects as assigned to support airline operations.
PSA Airlines Company Overview
PSA Airlines is a wholly-owned subsidiary of American Airlines Group and operates an all-jet fleet consisting of exclusively Bombardier regional jet aircraft. The company’s more than 2,400 employees operate nearly 600 daily flights to nearly 90 destinations. Headquartered in Dayton, Ohio, PSA also has flight crew bases located in Dayton, Cincinnati, Ohio, Knoxville, Tennessee, and Charlotte, North Carolina. PSA has maintenance facilities in Dayton and Canton, Ohio and Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Airport and Charlotte, North Carolina. As of year-end 2015, PSA operates 35 Bombardier CRJ 200 aircraft, 26 Bombardier CRJ 700 aircraft and 36 Bombardier CRJ 900 NextGen aircraft. The airline expects to add an additional 35 Bombardier CRJ 700 aircraft and 18 Bombardier CRJ 900 aircraft to its fleet in the next two years, tripling its fleet size and employee base since the airline’s growth plan was announced in December 2013.