Operations Performance Analyst Featured
- Vandalia, Ohio
- Job ID
Operations Performance Analyst job at PSA Airlines in Vandalia OH
Description, duties, responsibilities
Operations Performance Analyst
• Location: Dayton OH
• Work Schedule / Shift: Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
• Reports To: Assistant Director of Operations Planning and Performance
• Relocation: Some assistance available
• Travel: Minimal travel expected
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared professional excellence is expected and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe secure and happy. It is The PSA Way – which focuses on our goals safety respect preparedness professional excellence and passion. This foundation reflects how we think act and communicate with one another and our customers.
Dayton OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance Short and Long-term Disability Flexible Spending Plan (FSA) and supplementary options
This position impacts PSA Airlines operations; serving as the expert for optimization business process re-engineering and analytical modeling and reporting of complex business problems in airlines operations.
• Build and maintain decision support operations research statistical simulation and spreadsheet models that streamline business processes promote operational efficiencies aid evaluate trade-offs and provide for better decision-making that eventually contribute to improved resource utilization and operational efficiencies
• Mine model analyze and evaluate operational data to identify root cause factors impacting network reliability. Monitor and track operational performance and delay information. Provide periodic reports to the operating departments focusing on trends and anomalies.
• Identify gaps in current business processes and reengineer them for efficiency through analytical modeling process reengineering process control measurements and technology solutions. Seek out action plans and make recommendations for corrective action to improve operational performance.
• Develop analytical frameworks for developing metrics goals and continuous improvement
• Interface with IT end users and vendors to develop business requirements and appropriate user testing procedures and acceptance criteria. Ensure coordinated planning evaluation and implementation of new decision support systems between IT and Business units.
• Work with IT to develop and enhance data warehouse infrastructure to support reporting initiatives and automation
• Design develop and maintain reporting systems and dashboards to track and visualize performance in the form of graphs charts tables and scorecards. Provide core reporting for operations departments.
• Automate reporting capabilities and data extraction methods to build in process efficiencies that minimize manual analyses
• Act as an owner of airline performance data serving as main contact point for operational data requests and statistical analyses
• Serve as a central analytic resource for operational performance; perform value added ad-hoc analysis as requested by operational departments and senior leadership
• Masters Degree in Operation Research Industrial Engineering Applied Math Computer Science Business Administration or related field
• Significant experience in using modeling techniques to answer business questions and to assess the impact and added value of recommendations
• Proficient computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite
• Knowledge of one or more programming language (VBA and Visual Basic)
• 2 years experience
To be successful at PSA you should be:
To be successful in this position you should be great at:
• Proficiency with databases and scripting languages
• Project management
• Communications (verbal and written)
• Coaching & Development
• Driving Excellence
• Facilitating Change
• Strategic Thinking
Work Environment: Operational Control Center is open from 5 a.m. to 12 a.m. 7 days a week. Dispatchers must be willing to work holidays weekends and evenings.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race color creed religion sex (including pregnancy gender identity and sexual orientation) national origin citizenship status age disability genetic information protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requisition ID: 2019-1474
Street: 3400 Terminal Drive
PSA Airlines Company Overview
PSA Airlines operates an all-jet fleet consisting of exclusively Bombardier regional jet aircraft. We have an incredible team of more than 3900 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Headquartered in Dayton Ohio PSA also has flight crew bases located in Dayton Cincinnati Ohio Knoxville Tennessee Washington D.C. Charlotte North Carolina Philadelphia Pennsylvania and Norfolk Virginia. PSA has maintenance facilities in Akron-Canton Airport (CAK) Charlotte-Douglas International Airport (CLT) Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) Greenville-Spartanburg (GSP) Norfolk International Airport (ORF) Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport (SAV)Pensacola Florida (PNS) and Dayton International Airport (DAY). PSA operates 35 Bombardier CRJ200 aircraft 41 Bombardier CRJ700 aircraft and 54 Bombardier CRJ900 aircraft. The airline expects to add additional aircraft bringing its fleet count to 150.