Flight Safety Manager Featured
- Vandalia, Ohio
- Job ID
Flight Safety Manager job at PSA Airlines in Vandalia OH
Description, duties, responsibilities
Flight Safety Manager
• Location: Dayton OH
• Work Schedule / Shift: Monday-Friday 8:00Am-5:00PM (occasional extended periods of time as necessary)
• Reports To: Director of Safety
• Direct Reports: ASAP Program Manager FOQA Program Manager and all Flight Safety Specialists
• Relocation: Assistance available
• Travel: Some travel will be expected
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared professional excellence is expected and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe secure and happy. It is The PSA Way which focuses on our goals safety respect preparedness professional excellence and passion. This foundation reflects how we think act and communicate with one another and our customers.
Dayton OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance Short and Long-term Disability Flexible Spending Plan (FSA) and supplementary options
The Flight Safety Manager impacts PSA Airlines safety of its customers and employees; in the day to day operation of the Flight Safety Department and all of the Flight Safety Programs.
• Responsible to lead and develop the Flight Safety Department.
• Oversee the PSA Airlines Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP) for Pilots Mechanics and Dispatchers.
• Oversee all of the ASAP Memorandum of Understandings (MOU)s for the ASAP Programs.
• Oversee the PSA Airlines Flight Operations Quality Assurance Program (FOQA).
• Oversee and provide leadership to the FOQA Monitoring Team (FMT) meetings.
• Develop and oversee the FOQA Documentation (I&O and FOQA MOU).
• Manage a safety database to track and trend safety data out of all the safety programs.
• Oversee the Line Operation Safety Audits (LOSA).
• Oversee the final LOSA report to all LOSA stakeholders.
• Oversee the Fatigue Risk Management Program (FRMP) for both pilots and flight attendants.
• Oversee the Fatigue Training Ops Spec A317.
• Represent PSA Airlines in the Aviation Sharing Information and Analysis Program (ASIAS) working groups.
• Participate in the Regional Airline Association (RAA) Safety Council meetings.
• Work in conjunction with the American Airlines Safety Department and other Regional Airlines Safety Departments for best practices.
• Generate and present safety data as requested by senior management.
• Manage the Emergency Response Program.
• Act as a liaison between the Company American Airlines and the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) with Emergency Response.
• Ensure the Emergency Response manual is kept up to date and train all new employees.
• Conduct quarterly Emergency Response drills.
• Manage the Customer Assistance Relief Effort (CARE) Team and work with the NTSB TDA Staff.
• Represent the Company in event of an emergency as the JFSOC Coordinator and back the Director of Safety up in representing the Company as the party coordinator.
• Manage the Flight Safety Index (FSI).
• Oversee the training of new employees (Pilots Dispatchers Mechanic and Flight Attendants) on the safety culture established at PSA and all of the safety programs available.
• Continue the Safety Promotion process to increase the Safety Culture at the Airline with all employees.
• Interact with the Union Safety Representatives.
• Interact and act as a liaison between the FAA and the Company when needed.
• Act as a liaison between the Flight/Infight Department and the Safety Department.
• Prepare and distribute reports to federal state and local safety authorities as required.
• Oversee the employees in the Flight Safety Department to include training and development of new employees.
• Assist with the facilitation of the IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA)/Department of Defense (DOD) Audit for Flight Safety Programs and operational groups.
• Assist with providing Leadership and Support to the Safety Management System (SMS).
• Responsible for the Companys Security and Safety Management System (SMS) and associated Safety Risk Management and Safety Assurance outputs.
• In absence duties will be performed by the ASAP Program Manager/FOQA Program Manager.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Safety.
• Bachelors Degree in Aviation or Aviation Safety
• 2 years of Aviation Safety experience
• FAA Airman Certificate
• Computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite
• Commercial Pilot Rating
To be successful at PSA you should be:
To be successful in this position you should be great at:
• Time and performance management
• Coaching & Development
• Driving Excellence
• Facilitating Change
• Strategic Thinking
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers telephones photocopiers facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race color creed religion sex (including pregnancy gender identity and sexual orientation) national origin citizenship status age disability genetic information protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requisition ID: 2019-1893
Street: 3400 Terminal Drive
PSA Airlines Company Overview
PSA Airlines operates an all-jet fleet consisting of exclusively Bombardier regional jet aircraft. We have an incredible team of more than 3900 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Headquartered in Dayton Ohio PSA also has flight crew bases located in Dayton Cincinnati Ohio Knoxville Tennessee Washington D.C. Charlotte North Carolina Philadelphia Pennsylvania and Norfolk Virginia. PSA has maintenance facilities in Akron-Canton Airport (CAK) Charlotte-Douglas International Airport (CLT) Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) Greenville-Spartanburg (GSP) Norfolk International Airport (ORF) Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport (SAV)Pensacola Florida (PNS) and Dayton International Airport (DAY). PSA operates 35 Bombardier CRJ200 aircraft 41 Bombardier CRJ700 aircraft and 54 Bombardier CRJ900 aircraft. The airline expects to add additional aircraft bringing its fleet count to 150.