Safety Business Analyst Featured
- Vandalia, Ohio
- Job ID
Safety Business Analyst job at PSA Airlines in Vandalia OH
Description, duties, responsibilities
Safety Business Analyst
• Location: Dayton OH
• Work Schedule / Shift: Monday-Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
• Reports To: SMS Program Manager
• Direct Reports: None
• Relocation: Local candidates preferred
• Travel: Less than 10%
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared professional excellence is expected and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe secure and happy. It is The PSA Way which focuses on our goals safety respect preparedness professional excellence and passion. This foundation reflects how we think act and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us and we seek leaders who inspire enable and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Dayton OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance Short and Long-term Disability Flexible Spending Plan (FSA) and supplementary options
The Safety Business Analyst is responsible for the overall administration of existing software systems project coordination for new software systems and training development within the safety department. The Business Analyst will be the Safety Department Subject Matter Expert (SME) for data analysis and Tableau. They will be responsible to create/maintain Safety Performance Indicators (SPIs) create dashboards and work with other Managers/Program Managers on data analysis.
• Primary administrator and business lead for safety software programs.
• In conjunction with IT act as project coordinator for Intelex software implementation.
• Responsible for system setup and administration for safety software programs.
• Develop and deliver software user guides in-person training and Web Based Training as required.
• Acts as Safety Department subject matter expert for Tableau business analytics software.
• Assists Safety Managers / Program Managers with data analytics and analysis.
• Creates and distributes safety dashboards to PSA Airlines leadership.
• Create and maintain Safety (Key) Performance Indicators (SPIs) for the company in Tableau.
• Integrate WBAT and Intelex data in Tableau for real time data visualization.
• Responsible for creating and upkeeping the Safety Department page on the company website.
• Act as primary or adjunct instructor for PSA Airlines safety program training modules.
• Acts as Safety Department subject matter expert on PSAs Learning Management System.
• Create and maintain a Safety Training Matrix that encompasses all training that the Safety Department conducts.
• Develops safety training presentations as business needs require.
• Develops delivers and tracks Safety Management System training for PSA Airlines vendors and all employees.
• Co-Chair PSA Airlines Safety Committee.
• Presents updates to PSA Airlines leadership at regularly scheduled Standards Board meetings.
• Assists safety department programs in writing policies and procedures for the Safety Policies and Procedures Manual (SPPM).
• Assist with the International Air Transport Association (IATA) Operational Safety Audit (IOSA).
• Conduct various safety promotional presentations in effort to increase knowledge and awareness of PSAs safety programs while supporting departmental safety promotional efforts as needed.
• Represent PSA at industry meetings exchange safety and data analysis information to incorporate best practices.
• Develop and execute safety surveys for PSA Airlines employees.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Responsible for the Companys Security and Safety Management System (SMS) and associated Safety Risk Management and Safety Assurance outputs.
• Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
• 3 years of relevant experience with data analytics Tableau and Statistics
• Outstanding management and organizational skills
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Excellent facilitation and presentation skills
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software
• Ability to speak/read/write in English
• Must be able to demonstrate authorization to work in the U.S.
• Bachelors Degree in a Training Computer Science or Data Analytics or Aviation discipline
• Previous experience with Data Visualization and statistics
• Previous knowledge and experience with Tableau
• Previous knowledge and experience managing large data sets
To be successful at PSA you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Driven
To be successful in this position you should be great at:
• Communication (verbal and written)
• Interpersonal Skills
• Problem solving/ analysis
• Performance management
Supervisory Responsibility: This is a non-supervisory position.
Delegation: In absence the SMS Manager will handle and re-assign tasks.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers telephones photocopiers facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race color creed religion sex (including pregnancy gender identity and sexual orientation) national origin citizenship status age disability genetic information protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requisition ID: 2021-3040
Street: 3400 Terminal Drive
PSA Airlines Company Overview
PSA Airlines operates an all-jet fleet consisting of exclusively Bombardier regional jet aircraft. We have an incredible team of more than 3900 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Headquartered in Dayton Ohio PSA also has flight crew bases located in Dayton Cincinnati Ohio Knoxville Tennessee Washington D.C. Charlotte North Carolina Philadelphia Pennsylvania and Norfolk Virginia. PSA has maintenance facilities in Akron-Canton Airport (CAK) Charlotte-Douglas International Airport (CLT) Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) Greenville-Spartanburg (GSP) Norfolk International Airport (ORF) Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport (SAV)Pensacola Florida (PNS) and Dayton International Airport (DAY). PSA operates 35 Bombardier CRJ200 aircraft 41 Bombardier CRJ700 aircraft and 54 Bombardier CRJ900 aircraft. The airline expects to add additional aircraft bringing its fleet count to 150.