Initial Operating Experience Scheduler Featured
- Vandalia, Ohio
- Job ID
Initial Operating Experience Scheduler job at PSA Airlines in Vandalia OH
Description, duties, responsibilities
• Location: Dayton OH
• Work Schedule: Full Time
• Reports To: IOE Scheduling Supervisor
• Direct Reports: None
• Travel: Little to no travel involved
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared professional excellence is expected and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe secure and happy. It is The PSA Way which focuses on our goals safety respect preparedness professional excellence and passion. This foundation reflects how we think act and communicate with one another and our customers.
Dayton OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance Short and Long-term Disability Flexible Spending Plan (FSA) and supplementary options
Pilot IOE Schedulers are responsible for scheduling PSA Pilots active line flying training. The Pilot IOE Scheduler ensures that they are efficiently utilizing crew members including Line Check Airman within the limitations of the Federal Air Regulations labor work rules and company policies.
• Assign new hire crew members with Line Check Airman (LCA) to on line flying for training.
• Schedule and track to completion SLF/ERC requirements and requests.
• Schedule and track to completion of various types of line checks.
• Work with the FAA to perform crew members observations; track all scheduled FAA observations to completion.
• Ensure Line Check Airman (LCA) are up to date on all requirements for instructing.
• Coordinate with multiple departments to review crew members progress during training.
• Coordinate with multiple departments to build crew members monthly schedules.
• Monitor Pilot progress during training.
• Confirm all flight crews are qualified to perform duties pursuant to regulations equipment restrictions and contractual restrictions.
• Attend all Pilot new hire classes to go over contract and provide guidance.
• Track qualified Pilots consolidation hours.
• Generate and evaluate reports as necessary to ensure that crews are legal and qualified for flight assignments.
• Monitor and manage irregular operations and daily flight operations for crew conflicts including but not limited to duty time compliance crew legality and company policy.
• Maintain logs of significant events in order to assist in reporting follow-up and relief debriefing.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Experience scheduling large populations of personnel to assigned job duties
• Advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office programs
• Must be able to demonstrate that you are authorized to work in the US
• Must be able to read speak and write in English
• Aviation background
To be successful at PSA you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Driven
To be successful in this position you should be great at:
• Attention to Detail
• Professional aptitude
• Intellectual aptitude
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers telephones photocopiers facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race color creed religion sex (including pregnancy gender identity and sexual orientation) national origin citizenship status age disability genetic information protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
External Title: Initial Operating Experience Scheduler (Pilot)
Requisition ID: 2021-3161
Street: 3400 Terminal Drive
PSA Airlines Company Overview
PSA Airlines operates an all-jet fleet consisting of exclusively Bombardier regional jet aircraft. We have an incredible team of more than 3900 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Headquartered in Dayton Ohio PSA also has flight crew bases located in Dayton Cincinnati Ohio Knoxville Tennessee Washington D.C. Charlotte North Carolina Philadelphia Pennsylvania and Norfolk Virginia. PSA has maintenance facilities in Akron-Canton Airport (CAK) Charlotte-Douglas International Airport (CLT) Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) Greenville-Spartanburg (GSP) Norfolk International Airport (ORF) Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport (SAV)Pensacola Florida (PNS) and Dayton International Airport (DAY). PSA operates 35 Bombardier CRJ200 aircraft 41 Bombardier CRJ700 aircraft and 54 Bombardier CRJ900 aircraft. The airline expects to add additional aircraft bringing its fleet count to 150.