Administrative Support Assistant 3 Department Of Aerospace Engineering Featured
- University Park, Pennsylvania
- Job ID
Administrative Support Assistant 3 Department Of Aerospace Engineering job at Penn State University in University Park PA
Description, duties, responsibilities
CURRENT EMPLOYEES OR STUDENTS:
If you are a current employee (faculty staff technical service or student) at Penn State please login to Workday to complete the internal application process. If you are a current student at Penn State and seeking employment with Penn State please login to Workday to complete the student application process.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
The Department of Aerospace Engineering within the College of Engineering at the Pennsylvania State University is looking for a detail oriented and organized individual with excellent communication skills as an Administrative Support Assistant 3 to provide direct professional and administrative support to the department as well as the Graduate Program in Acoustics.
Their key responsibilities will be as follows:
- Review income and expenses on departmental general and restricted funds. Evaluate budgets for problems and resolve issues.
- Respond to routine and moderately complex questions/issues concerning Departmental/University policies processes and procedures from internal and external contacts.
- Maintain reports and spreadsheets to monitor budgets and track expenditures.
- Review and approve group meals travel reports and purchasing card reconciliations.
- Oversee purchase orders non-PO invoices and petty cash.
- Prepare shopping carts for sponsored research equipment and lab supplies/materials and confirm goods receipt.
- Process WorkDay forms for graduate student assistantships/fellowships and Fixed-Term 2 graduate researcher appointments.
- Prepare journal entries to correct internal orders or cost centers and general ledger account numbers.
- Manage departmental key inventory and related database. Coordinate departmental copier contracts.
- Provide leadership and supervise Bookkeeper. Attend various financial meetings and disseminate information to Aerospace and Acoustic faculty staff and students.
- Assist in end of fiscal year closeouts and provide backup to the Administrative Manager.
Financial/accounting experience required. Knowledge and understanding of System for Integrated Management Budgeting and Accounting (SIMBA) Employee Reimbursement System (ERS) SAP Concur DocFinity WorkDay and Excel are strongly preferred. This position will perform complex tasks with minimal supervision.
Typically requires an Associates degree or higher and 2+ years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Additional consideration given to individuals who have completed any certification (such as ACOR Certification and Education Series) in research and/or accounting.
This position will require successful completion of standard background checks.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity equity and inclusion inall ofits forms.We embrace individual uniqueness foster a culture of inclusive excellence that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusive excellence as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act and the Pennsylvania Act of 1988 Penn State publishes a combined Annual Security and Annual Fire Safety Report (ASR). The ASR includes crime statistics and institutional policies concerning campus security such as those concerning alcohol and drug use crime prevention the reporting of crimes sexual assault and other matters. The ASR is available for review here.
Employment with the University will require successful completion of background check(s) in accordance with University policies.
EEO is the Law
Penn State is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applications without regards to race color religion age sex sexual orientation gender identify national origin disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability please contact 814-###-####.
Penn State Policies
University Park PA
Penn State University Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.