Aircraft Maintenance Parts Shipper Featured
- Albany, New York
- Job ID
Aircraft Maintenance Parts Shipper job at Piedmont Airlines in Albany NY
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Piedmont Airlines our strength is the way we deliver industry-leading service to our customers and airline partners. To continue our standard of excellence Piedmont is seeking a motivated reliable professional to join our Maintenance Department as an Aircraft Maintenance Parts Shipper. Our Maintenance team members tackle every job with talent precision and safety. The Aircraft Maintenance Parts Shipper is responsible for maintaining the proper supply inventory levels and shipping receiving and storing materials including HAZMAT. The successful candidate is proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and utilizes their excellent attention to detail and previous shipping and receiving experience to complete tasks. This position reports to the Aircraft Maintenance Parts Supervisor.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain proper supply inventory levels
- Ship receive and store materials including HAZMAT
- Record issue and receive parts and parts assemblies that are received or distributed
- Maintain inventory computer system and report any system inconsistencies to supervisor
- Perform stock transfers of parts and move stock from one location to another
- Receive and issue aircraft parts via the computer system
- Operate forklift to move parts and supplies
- Process freight shipments
- Verify serial numbers and part numbers against removal tags
- Use repair orders to send unserviceable aircraft parts to vendor
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent attention to detail
- Previous experience with shipping and receiving
- Certified in dangerous goods/HAZMAT shipping
- Standard office equipment use of computers and other office equipment
- Airport ramp and warehouse environment subject to varied weather conditions and elevated noise levels
- Available to work any shift including nights weekends and holidays
- Frequent stooping bending kneeling walking standing reaching lifting climbing up and down stairs
- Handle objects up to 70 pounds regularly up to 100+ pounds occasionally with assistance from co-workers or tools
Employment is contingent upon a clear Driving Record 10-year Criminal History Records Check and Drug Screen as required. We also require proof of High School or GED completion.
Benefit package includes paid training holiday pay 401(k) vacation family travel on the American Airlines network medical and dental available.
M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer
Piedmont Airlines Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.