Airline Ramp Supervisor Featured
- Washington, District Of Columbia
- Job ID
Airline Ramp Supervisor job at Piedmont Airlines in Washington DC
Description, duties, responsibilities
PrincipalDuties and Responsibilities:
Supervisors must keep both the company goals and customer expectations in mind when overseeing daily operations. In this role you will provide oversight and direct on-the-job training for new hires and recurrent training for existing employees in all ramp functions. Responsibilities include briefing and distribution of training material/checklists to mentors creating and coordinating schedules and providing hands-on assistance to the Training Department along with feedback to direct managers. Approve employees for release to duty after completion of training programs. This position requires the successful candidate to work a varied work schedule.
Responsible to meet or exceed all performance goals. Coach and provide career development to the staff. Correct non-compliant behavior and impose disciplinary action as required. Understand the corporate culture policies and goals and take measures to implement these into daily work routines. Manage the operational activities of the department in accordance with established policies and procedures. Manage a staff of employees with varied duties. Administrative duties may include daily/weekly/monthly reports. Maximize operational performance for the station by adjusting to changes in operational conditions and pro-actively solving problems. Supervise direct and monitor personnel in the completion of their duties and make adjustments as necessary to ensure on-time performance and quality customer service. Provide support when employee absence affects the operation. Other duties as assigned.
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently set and meet own deadlines
- Ability to work well with all levels of management and support staff
- Able to defuse conflicts among subordinate employees
- Familiarity with MS Office Suite
- Flexible schedule
- At least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Driver s License
- Previous airline management experience
- Current Piedmont employee with a minimum six months of service
- Knowledge of basic airport procedures and fundamental job requirements for gate and ramp agents
- Extensive knowledge of QIK Sabre
- Bachelor s Degree in Aviation Business or related field
- Use of computers and other office equipment
- Airport ramp environment subject to varied weather conditions and elevated noise levels
- All shifts including weekends nights holidays and/or irregular shifts
- Frequent stooping bending kneeling walking standing reaching lifting climbing up and down stairs
- Handle objects up to 70 pounds
- Assist disabled customers
Employment is contingent upon a clear Driving Record 10-year Criminal History Records Check and Drug Screen as required. We also require proof of High School or GED completion.
Benefit package includes paid training holiday pay 401(k) vacation family travel on the American Airlines network medical and dental available.
M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer
Piedmont Airlines Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.