Airline Equipment Mechanic Ground Support Featured
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- Job ID
Airline Equipment Mechanic Ground Support job at Piedmont Airlines in Charlotte NC
Description, duties, responsibilities
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Mechanics perform routine maintenance as well as minor/major repairs of ground equipment and automobiles. Repairs are made in a garage or outdoor on the ramp. Responsibilities include repair and overhaul of ground support equipment troubleshoot and maintain equipment in a safe condition perform preventative and routine servicing. Maintain tools and support equipment in safe and operational working conditions keeping work areas clean and free of hazards. Other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience or training as an automotive mechanic
- Possess effective communication skills both verbal and written
- Basic computer skills
- At least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver s license
- Post-secondary degree or training program
- Experienced with automotive truck or heavy machinery including gas diesel and electric equipment
- Use of computers and other office equipment
- Airport ramp environment subject to varied weather conditions and elevated noise levels
- All shifts including weekends nights holidays and/or irregular shifts
- Frequent stooping bending kneeling walking standing reaching lifting climbing up and down stairs
- Handle objects up to 70 pounds regularly up to 100+ pounds occasionally with assistance from co-workers or tools
Employment is contingent upon a clear Driving Record 10-year Criminal History Records Check and Drug Screen as required. We also require proof of High School or GED completion.
Benefit package includes paid training holiday pay 401(k) vacation family travel on the American Airlines network medical and dental available.
M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer
Piedmont Airlines Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.