- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- Annual Salary $45,000.00 - $55,000.00
- Job ID
Avionics Instructor job at Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics in Myrtle Beach SC
Description, duties, responsibilities
Share your excitement of aviation with the next generation of technicians! PIA's Myrtle Beach campus is hiring for a fulfilling Avionics Instructor position that allows you to give back while enjoying great daytime hours and no weekend commitments!
Qualifications and Skills
- 3+ years of verifiable aviation industry or military aviation experience
- Verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) Certification preferred but not required
- We provide training for new faculty members, so teaching experience is ideal, but not required.
- Familiarization with computers for using teaching software and email.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare and present lessons, units, and projects to complete learning objectives
- Conduct classroom presentations
- Manage the student shop/laboratory where applicable
- Develop and follow approved methods of student evaluation
- Provide individual instruction for students in need
- Establish and enforce rules of behavior for students in the classroom
- Advise students in matters of academic performance, attendance, and conduct
- Submit accurate grade and attendance information at established intervals
- Participate in on-the job and formalized professional development activities
- Participate in occasional school related events
Benefits include but not limited to:
- 401K with company match
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
PIA is an equal opportunity employer. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics Company Overview
Since its doors were first opened in 1929, PIA has taken pride in the quality of its education programs and the successes of its graduates. Regardless of the program, a PIA education emphasizes hands-on learning. Qualified faculty members strive to present thorough and thoughtful instruction as they blend their practical experiences with new information and techniques. Of equal importance is the list of student services that are provided from the first day of instruction through, and beyond, graduation. PIAâ€™s main campus is the home of the School of Specialized Technology, offering AST degree programs in Aviation Technology. The branch campuses also offer a diploma or certificate program in Aviation Maintenance Technology. PIAâ€™s Jump Start division offers short-term training programs at the main campus, as well as at a number of locations in West Virginia. We welcome the opportunity to serve the academic needs of both traditional and non-traditional students, and we invite you to contact our staff with any questions you may encounter as you explore our educational offerings.