Avionics Electronics Instructor
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Annual Salary $38,000.00 - $42,000.00
- Job ID
Avionics Electronics Instructor job at Institute of Aeronautics in Pittsburgh PA
Description, duties, responsibilities
PITTSBURGH INSTITUTE OF AERONAUTICS, founded in 1929 is a nationwide leader in aviation maintenance and electronics training and is currently seeking an Avionics/Electronics Instructor to teach basic and intermediate level electricity courses at its main campus located at the Allegheny County Airport in West Mifflin, Pa.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Adhere to all applicable tenets set forth in the Policies & Procedures Manual
- Continually work towards overall improvement of the classroom and shop environment
- Prepare and present lessons, units, and projects to complete learning objectives
- Manage the student shop/laboratory where applicable
- Develop and follow approved methods of student evaluation
- Establish and enforce rules of behavior for students in the classroom
- Advise students in matters of academic performance, attendance, and conduct
- Submit accurate grade and attendance information at established intervals
- Participate in on-the job and formalized professional development activities
- Participate in occasional school related events
- Other duties as assigned
- This job description is subject to change at any time.
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
Full-time regular hours are Monday-Friday from 7:30am to 3:30pm. Faculty members are also expected to participate in school open houses and other school events which occur occasionally throughout the year.
Minimum Skills, Education & Experience:
- Associate degree or higher in Aviation Maintenance, Electronics, or related area
- Three (3) or more years of relevant, verifiable industry work experience
- Verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Familiarization with computer systems for word processing, databases, e-mail, and internet use
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) Certification preferred but not required
- Teaching experience is ideal but not required
Benefits include but not limited to:
- Retirement with company match
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
PIA is an equal opportunity employer. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Aviation Maintenance AP Instructor Vienna OH
Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics Company Overview
Since its doors were first opened in 1929, PIA has taken pride in the quality of its education programs and the successes of its graduates. Regardless of the program, a PIA education emphasizes hands-on learning. Qualified faculty members strive to present thorough and thoughtful instruction as they blend their practical experiences with new information and techniques. Of equal importance is the list of student services that are provided from the first day of instruction through, and beyond, graduation. PIAâ€™s main campus is the home of the School of Specialized Technology, offering AST degree programs in Aviation Technology. The branch campuses also offer a diploma or certificate program in Aviation Maintenance Technology. PIAâ€™s Jump Start division offers short-term training programs at the main campus, as well as at a number of locations in West Virginia. We welcome the opportunity to serve the academic needs of both traditional and non-traditional students, and we invite you to contact our staff with any questions you may encounter as you explore our educational offerings.