Technical Support Engineer Featured
- Job ID
Technical Support Engineer job at Planet Labs in OR
Description, duties, responsibilities
Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs builds and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to decision-makers in commercial environmental and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planets data and machine learning-powered analytics to develop new technologies drive revenue power research and solve our worlds toughest challenges.
As we control every component of hardware design manufacturing data processing and software engineering our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we are iterating in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth.
Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
About The Role
The Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for managing and resolving challenging issues for Planet partners and customers. This includes developing subject matter expertise within the customer success department and collaborating with other team members. The successful candidate will be able to quickly gain an understanding of the Planet platform Data API and internal applications. This is a customer-facing role in a very collaborative environment and therefore it requires strong interpersonal skills. You will build strong relationships with customer engineering teams to ensure smooth product deployments and timely resolution of technical problems. Your contributions will directly enable customers to understand our changing world.
Impact Youll Own:
- Provide technical support to Planet customers partners and Planet employees via email phone chat or in person (as necessary)
- Meet/exceed customer expectations on response frequency quality and overall experience
- Build strong relationships with partner teams including engineering Customer Success Managers sales product management
- Troubleshoot technically complex issues and understand how those issues impact the customers business priorities in order to develop solutions
- Disposition and prioritization of product bugs and enhancement requests to the appropriate organization
- Participate in projects that improve the efficiency quality and overall customer experience with Planet products and services
What You Bring:
- 2+ years experience working as a technical support engineer in a customer facing role
- 2+ years experience in troubleshooting complex technical issues with the ability to understand how those issues impact the customers business priorities
- 2+ years experience in problem recreation and root cause analysis
- Familiarity with GIS applications (ESRI QGIS)
- Familiarity with geo-spatial data satellite imagery and remote sensing
- Familiarity with API development
- Familiarity with relational databases (e.g. MySQL Oracle)
- Working knowledge of the components in a web applications stack
- Experience with Zendesk JIRA or comparable ticketing systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate solutions to technical problems
- Proven ability to maintain a professional demeanor when handling complex user issues
- Ability to work independently as well as contributing as a team player
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workload
- Willingness to travel as necessary to client sites
- Participate in scheduled weekend on-call support as needed
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
"Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth"
Tiny privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
"Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace" -Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
Were dedicated to helping the whole Planet and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. Thats why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you but youre thinking you might not have all the qualifications please... do apply! At Planet we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We dont just fill positions we aspire to fulfill peoples careers most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be so we hope youre excited to come along for the ride.
Planet Labs Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.