Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
We are seeking a highly qualified Lead Systems Engineer to work in our Beaverton, Ore., location. This position reports to the Director of Programs.
The Lead Systems Engineer will own and support technical engineering projects related to aircraft systems. Using sound engineering principles, this engineer will interface with cross functional groups (internal and external) to ensure robust, airworthy systems are configured which meet budget, schedule, requirements, and goals. This position will be responsible for participating in and leading improvement activities at a company level. In addition, the Lead Systems Engineer is responsible for managing the System Engineer group and vendors. The Lead Systems Engineer is expected to organize the tasks and workload amongst the internal group and external vendors to support the schedule and requirements. The Lead Systems Engineer is responsible for ensuring the technical solutions meet company, FAA, and customer requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Takes responsibility (technical and project management) for complex aircraft systems and their components
- Provides leadership (technical and project management) to team of systems engineers
- Reviews the work of other systems engineers for accuracy and completeness
- Provides guidance and training to other system engineers
- Interfaces with internal and external customers as the technical point of contact for his/her system
- Must be able to work independently and with little supervision to support system or sustaining engineering efforts
- Able to interface with suppliers and other organizational groups
- Experienced in preparing estimates to support statement of work.
- Ability to prepare technical and departmental material to support project milestone reviews with the customer and management.
- Ability to manage the design aspect of the project.
- Able to interface with suppliers and other organizational groups.
- Experience interfacing with manufacturing and aircraft production to coordinate on time delivery and installation of finished product.
- Experience monitoring and managing changes which may affect the scope of work and/or key characteristics of the design.
- Ability to assist the Director with engineering processes and procedure development.
- Willingness to be adaptable and supportive in a changing and evolving work environment.
- Knowledgeable about standard aerospace manufacturing and installation methods and practices.
- Technical ability to create and manage a SSA and/or FHA for submittal to a regulatory agency.
- Technical ability to create and manage an aircraft level EMI/EMC test and experience conducting the test on aircraft.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of DO-160 testing.
- Familiarity with the STC, PMA, and TSO process.
- Familiarity with FAA and EASA requirements.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Lead Systems Engineer job at Precision Aircraft Solutions
Apply for this Lead Systems Engineer position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.
Over 202,712 Aviation Career Opportunities
Enjoy a sneak peak of the most recent aviation jobs listed in the Avjobs Applicant System. Avjobs has over 202,712
aviation jobs available. 198,780 new jobs have been posted in the last 30 days.
Sign in to view jobs in your area.