Avionics Technician Featured
- Howell, Michigan
- Hourly $15.00 - $25.00
- Job ID
Avionics Technician job at Preferred Avionics Instruments in Howell MI
Description, duties, responsibilities
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Preferred Avionics & Instruments, LLC currently has an opening for an Avionics / Install Technician.
Candidates will be required but not limited to:
• System troubleshoot LRU and legacy avionics radios and perform needed repairs on and off aircraft / avionics systems
• Comprehensive understanding of proper crimping and soldering techniques
• Perform IFR/RVSM system testing and troubleshooting
• Return Aircraft/Avionics to service per FAA and/or manufactures specifications
• Candidates must be able to read and understand schematic diagrams
• Aviation experience (desired) Willing to learn a MUST.
• Formal Electronics / Avionics Training (desired-willing to train)
• Some travel is required - A Valid Drivers License is required.
Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity.
Pre-employment drug screen and background check required.
Competitive wages – salary commensurate with experience. Generous benefit package.
Preferred Avionics & Instruments Company Overview
Preferred Avionics & Instruments is an FAA approved Part 145 Certified Repair Station. We have been in business since 2004 and have earned our reputation as a reliable partner in the general aviation industry. We are located in Howell Michigan a couples miles off of I 96. We are a hardworking team looking to add another hardworking team member. We are a customer service focused company and we take pride in the level of service we provide. We serve our customers across the states of Michigan and Ohio and nationwide with our off-site repair services. Our technicians specialize in avionics and instrument repairs, upgrades, overhauls and component level troubleshooting as well as RVSM inspections and IFR/VFR re-certifications. We do require and provide training to remain currsent. We set ourselves apart by keeping our team trained through recurrent courses and The Aircraft Electronics Association. We have been awarded the Avionics Training and Excellence Award since its inception. We take pride in having the most current knowledge and training on new equipment and technology. This means quality workmanship and excellent customer service.