Skycap Agent Hot
- Hillside, New Jersey
- Job ID
Skycap Agent job at PrimeFlight Aviation Services in Hillside NJ
Description, duties, responsibilities
As a valued member of the PrimeFlight team you will:
- Verify passenger identification per TSA Checked Baggage acceptance rules
- Provide bag handling and (electronic) bag tagging and boarding pass issuance services for out-bound airline passengers at the airport at curbside locations interior ticket counters/check-in locations bag carousels offices and gates
- Load outbound bags on to appropriate conveyor systems ensuring bags are never left unattended
- Provide general information to passengers give directions and flight information
- Provide monitoring of the local baggage claim areas (carousels) as assigned remove unclaimed baggage from carousel and assist agents in securing bags
- Assist customers with their baggage in any airport area
- If applicable provide wheelchair and other special assistance to customers between gates and ticket counters baggage facilities parking lot or garage
- Be certified and enforce in the hazmat/dangerous goods program of the customer airline(s) concerning checked baggage
- Demonstrate regular predictable attendance at job location
- Exceed PrimeFlight customer service and safety standards
- Carry out other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Problem Solving Customer Service Interpersonal and Oral Communication.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this Job Description are representative of the knowledge skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 18 years of age
- Reliable transportation
- Eligible to work in the United States
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate effectively in English.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written oral or diagram form. Basic math skills required.
Ability to operate computerized scales and computer check-in systems in order to locate airline reservations check-in passengers and ensure proper generation of baggage tags and boarding passes.
Certificates and Licenses:
No certifications needed.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Much of the work is in an outside environment with exposure to cold and hot temperatures and inclement weather.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Continuously stand and walk for 6-8 hours
- Repeatedly lift up to 70 pounds:
- Must be able to lift push pull or carry heavy bags
- Must be able to bend stretch twist squat and reach out with arms or legs
- Must be able to lift bags high enough to transport luggage
- Use hands to finger handle or feel
- Be able to hear and respond to the spoken voice and to audible alarms generated by terminal environment
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include: Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less); distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more); color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors); peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point); depth perception (three-dimensional vision ability to judge distances and spatial relationships); ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
Because the job involves heavy physical work it is important to be physically strong.
PrimeFlight Aviation Services Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.