Lead Aircraft Mechanic Featured
- Miami, Florida
- Annual Salary $60,000.00 - $75,000.00
- Job ID
Lead Aircraft Mechanic job at Propel Aviation Sales Services in Miami FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
Lead, Inspector & Aircraft Mechanic
- Properly performing all work assigned to you in accordance with approved maintenance procedures and correctly recording all work performed and assuming responsibility for that work.
- Ensuring all required paperwork entries are completed in a neat and legible fashion.
- Maintaining work area in a clean and orderly manner.
- Checking all test equipment and calibrated tools to ensure they are not expired prior to using. If tools are damaged or broken during use, will tag unserviceable and return to the Chief Inspector.
- Possessing sufficient hand tools to perform duties efficiently and effectively as a maintenance technician.
- Notifying the shop foreman and or Chief Inspector of any discrepancies or un-airworthy conditions found during the performance of work assigned.
- Notifying the Chief Inspector immediately about any conditions that would create a problem relating to parts, materials, airworthiness, or workmanship.
- Advising the General Manager if any dispute arises with an Inspector.
- Attending continuing education and training courses from time to time as required by the Company to maintain your proficiency and enhance your knowledge and productivity.
- Receiving all incoming parts and materials into the Company from the stockroom personnel, ensuring they pass receiving inspection.
- Performing inspections of work in process in accordance with the customer-supplied work package and manufacturers procedures.
- Accomplishing “Require Inspection Items” (RII) as authorized and stipulated by the customer.
- Advising Chief Inspector and maintenance of any major findings during inspection.
- Assisting the shop foreman & Chief Inspector by inspecting for quality of workmanship in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications and applicability.
- Being proficient in the use of various types of inspection equipment and visual inspection aids appropriate for an article being inspected.
- Auditing work package, paperwork for completeness, paying particular attention to; corrective action, maintenance sign-off (Form PA029), manual references, part, and serial numbers off/on, material.
- Ensuring all removed parts are correctly tagged, stored in an organized fashion, and identified during the work process.
- Performing any preliminary and progressive inspections pertaining to the articles within their area and recording any discrepancies as such.
- Providing a hidden damage entry on the work order when it is apparent that an article has sustained damage due to an accident.
- Overseeing test equipment within their areas to assure that all equipment is current and identified accordingly.
- The Inspector may delegate all duties to any qualified assistant as necessary; however, such delegation does not relieve the Inspector of the overall responsibilities.
- The Inspector must be thoroughly familiar with the inspection methods, techniques, practices, aids, equipment and tools for maintenance and preventive maintenance.
- Providing technical assistance regarding researching part numbers and supersedure for customer’s requirements.
- Promoting the goodwill of the Company, its employees, and Textron Aviation.
- Assisting with completing paperwork for warranty administration on labor or parts covered by manufacturer’s warranties.
- Accurately logging your work time and ensuring that the mechanics under are as well to enable tracking of efficiency and billing of Customers’ work.
- Contributing to the team effort by accomplishing other tasks as needed.
- Such other duties and responsibilities as the Company may establish from time to time.
- Delegating your duties to either the Accountable Manager or Chief Inspector in the event of your absence.
- Delegating all duties to any qualified assistant as necessary; however, such delegation does not relieve the Inspector of the overall responsibilities.
- Completing and submitting aircraft Structural Damage Report forms as needed and work with aircraft OEM technical services departments as needed to resolve problems with aircraft.
- Track and report the completion status of aircraft projects that you are leading to the shop foreman, chief inspector or general manager daily or as needed.
- Direct project work scope, manage and perform tasks in a fashion as to set an example for other airframe & power plant mechanics that will be collaborating with you on various aircraft maintenance projects.
- Handle and manage the aircraft maintenance projects that you lead with a proactive approach in lieu of a reactive approach in order to maintain the shop’s schedule and allotted labor hours for completion of the project.
- Keep mechanics beneath you on the projects you lead as productive as possible and completing discrepancies efficiently to finish the projects on time and within the quoted labor hours or better.
- Maintain constant communication as needed to advise the shop foreman, chief inspector or general manager of any delays or obstacles that will cause you problems with completing your various projects as planned.
- Openly communicate with the shop foreman, chief inspector or general manager anytime that you see an area for improvement within the maintenance shop.
Your work hours shall be from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, with an hour off for lunch.
You may be required to travel on behalf of the Company from time to time. The Company will pay for your reasonable travel expenses while you are traveling on Company business. The employee will receive an additional $100 per night away from home.
You will be required to undergo drug screening at the time of your initial employment and on a random basis at the Company’s discretion. In the event you ever test “positive” for any type of controlled substance, the Company will terminate your employment immediately.
The company offers health, dental, vision, short-term disability (STD), long-term disability (LTD), and life insurance benefits. The employer pays for 80% of the employee's health insurance and 100% of employee coverage for dental, vision, STD, & LTD. The company also provides a $25,000 life insurance policy paid by the employer.
Employees are allotted 6 sick days per year which are accrued at a half-day per month. Vacation is accrued upon completion of the first year and the vacation allotment schedule is as follows: after 1 year - 10 business days, after 5 years - 15 business days, & after 10 years - 20 business days. In addition to this, the company observes the following paid holidays per year, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, & New Year's Day.
The company also participates in a SEP (Simplified Employee Pension Plan) retirement plan. You become eligible for SEP after three years of working with the company.
Our offices are open from Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Propel Aviation Sales & Services Company Overview
Propel Aviation Sales & Services Our Mission Propel Aviation Sales & Services is dedicated to providing the world-wide aviation community with exceptional service and support for all their aviation needs. We treat our team as family so they can better empathize and cater to the needs of our client-family; working together to foster the best outcomes for everyone. Our Story In 2006, Propel Aviation was founded to offer outstanding, professional customer support to all aircraft owners, whether their aircraft are new or used, piston or turboprop. As a Textron Service Station authorized to maintain single-engine, multi-engine, and propjet products, Propel Aviation provides first-class maintenance, technical support, and warranty service/administration to all Cessna and Beechcraft aircraft owners. In addition to being an authorized Textron Service Center, Propel Aviation is also an authorized Garmin Service Center, Continental Aerospace Technologies Diesel Conversion Facility, a Lycoming Engine Service Station, a Centurion Engine Service Center, and an Icon Aircraft Authorized Service Provider. Propel is an FAA and EASA Certificated Repair Station and adheres to the strictest quality control standards, which sets our team of technicians apart from other maintenance facilities. Our Benefits The company offers health, dental, vision, short-term disability (STD), long-term disability (LTD), and life insurance benefits. The employer pays for 80% of the employee's health insurance and 100% of employee coverage for dental, vision, STD, & LTD. The company also provides a $25,000 life insurance policy paid by the employer. Employees are allotted 6 sick days per year which are accrued at a half day per month. Vacation is accrued upon completion of the first year and the vacation allotment schedule is as follows: after 1 year - 10 business days, after 5 years - 15 business days, & after 10 years - 20 business days. In addition to this, the company observes the following paid holidays per year, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, & New Years Day. The company also participates in a SEP (Simplified Employee Pension Plan) retirement plan. You become eligible for SEP after three years of working with the company. Our offices are open from Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.