Engineering Project Assistant Flight Simulation Hot
- Binghamton, New York
- Job ID
Engineering Project Assistant Flight Simulation job at Raytheon Technologies in Binghamton NY
Description, duties, responsibilities
Job ID 01421415 Date posted 02/12/2021 City Binghamton State New York Country United States
United States of America
HNY31: Binghamton NY 31 Lewis Rd Binghamton NY 13905-1022 USA
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace our Mission Systems team helps civilian military and government customers complete their most complex missions - whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team youll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Engineering Project Assistant - Flight Simulation
Working independently this position is responsible for the planning scheduling and assisting engineers with administrative documentation process and general engineering-related support activities. Must demonstrate the ability to support several engineers by providing a wide variety of administrative and computer skills to assist engineering projects. Assignments typically include word processing data entry and preliminary document preparation utilizing computing resources project schedule management change management process requirements capture milestone and financial metrics etc. Performs project technical and non-technical duties such as procurement and meeting minutes. Acts as process and tool expert for engineering design teams. Must possess ability to coordinate and lead activities as well as strong organization and analytical skills.
This position may have the opportunity to get exposure to programming development as bandwidth allows.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- Provides project support to multiple engineering teams
- Ability to read and interpret technical data and changes
- Able to clearly and concisely communicate in writing and in presentations
- Builds and updates multiple Microsoft Project schedules
- Develops process consistency between engineering project teams
- Documents distributes and archives lessons learned
- Ability to partner with engineering and anticipate change
- Supports Program Increment Planning meetings
- Capable of accurately recording meeting minutes with technical content
- Develops charts and metrics for team meetings
- Proposal Experience experience with creating BOEs/ROMs preferred
Must be able to perform multiple tasks/diverse set of responsibilities simultaneously with short deadlines and prioritize based on direction or deadline provided
- Work independently self-starter ensuring tasks are completed on time without daily monitoring
- Performs support tasks to ensure Predictable Project Performance (Staffing Center charts S-Curve report generation ISAT updates and financial reporting)
- Edits and formats documentation consistently for delivery to customer
- Coordinates and communicates with multiple levels of engineering and leadership
- Builds relationships with cross functional teams
- Maintain and track parts in Collins COPS Database
- Track and generate status reports pertaining to program issues and test results
- Other ad hoc project support responsibilities as necessary
- High School Diploma or AA/AS degree or other 2-year post high school training with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have or be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Office suite (especially Word Excel and Access) and Adobe PDF. Knowledge of Microsoft Project Confluence Jira and/or Agile development preferred
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success.We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce workplace and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical dental and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
Life insurance and disability coverage
Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance Home and Auto additional life insurance accident insurance critical illness insurance group legal
Ovia Health fertility and family planning
Employee Assistance Plan including up to 5 free counseling sessions
Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
Doctor on Demand virtual doctor visits
Best Doctors second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such all U.S. positions require a background check which may include a drug screen.
At Collins the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team thats redefining aerospace every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity national origin disability or veteran status age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Raytheon Technologies Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.