Aircraft Detailer Urgent
- San Francisco, California
- Hourly $17.50
- Job ID
Aircraft Detailer job at ReadyJet Inc in San Francisco CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
International aircraft appearance company hiring OVERNIGHT Leather Seat and Fabric Cleaner Technicians for services at "SFO" San Franciso, CA Airport.
We are an aviation appearance company with 22 successful years in the airline industry. We are looking for motivated individuals who can help maintain our company standards.
This position is nonexempt – hourly employee and may be either part-time or full-time. Hours of work will vary and shall be communicated to each employee by the Station or General Manager.
A Seat Technician provides services to ReadyJet clients on various types of aircraft, based on defined procedures implemented by ReadyJet, as well as client specific criteria specified in written contracts. Employee is expected to take whatever means are necessary to ensure the service is completed within clients expectations. Services are completed in adherence with written policies to ensure safe, efficient, and timely execution. Services may be provided independently or in a team mode with other ReadyJet employees.
Shift Hours: Approximately 10:00PM - Approximately 4:00AM.
We are a 7-day operation, 5 days on, 2 days off rotating schedule.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs cleaning, conditioning and ink removal on leather seat covers via procedures as outlined by ReadyJet and client.
- Performs removal and replacement of leather and fabric seat covers via procedures as outlined by ReadyJet and client.
- Ensures that seat mechanical devices remain undamaged from removal and installation for cover.
- Reports immediately, any damage to client property including electrical and mechanical devices.
- Reports immediately any ‘Found Item’ on the aircraft.
- Reports immediately any missing or damaged items found on the aircraft.
- Operates mechanized airport vehicle to deliver self and equipment and supplies to aircraft.
- Performs with a high level of attention to detail, safety policies and strict adherence to procedures during cleaning.
- Prepares and submits required written reports which may include training records, request for supplies, and a summary of incidents or found/damaged items.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with clients, co-workers and business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work, in some instances, alongside non ReadyJet personnel conducting work in the same area.
- Ability to adhere to and pay close attention to safety procedures and practices.
- Ability to work in small, narrow work areas.
- Ability to work in less than ideal working conditions including, but not limited to dim lighting, severe temperature conditions, sharp edges and hard to reach areas.
- Ability to operate a mechanized vehicle.
- Ability to work in a fast paced manner and within established production standards.
- Ability to adjust to rapidly changing priorities, work schedules and job assignments.
- Must be able to read, speak, write and understand the English language.
- Must be able to see well enough to identify areas which need to be cleaned, identify potential safety hazards, and operate mechanized vehicles and equipment.
- Must be able to hear well enough to identify airport activity and to communicate with all employees.
- Must be able to continually stand during most work hours.
- Must be able to maneuver in small, narrow work areas.
- Must be able to climb small, narrow steps.
- Must be able to repeatedly kneel, stoop and reach in small, narrow work areas.
- Must be able to pull and push up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, lift up to 25 pounds occasionally and lift up to 10 pounds on a routine basis.
- Must have manual dexterity to clean very small and narrow areas, including reaching into such areas to remove waste, fold aircraft linen and operate vacuum attachments.
Valid US drivers license preferred, but not required. Must have own reliable transportation.
Pre-employment drug screen with negative results in mandatory; along with random, post-accident and reasonable suspicion tests throughout employment.
Extensive background check with airport fingerprinting and badging approval is also required for access to the airport grounds.
Must be at least 18 years of age to work at the airport with all documents required to show you can legally work in the united states.
Starting wage is $17.50 per hour.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
ReadyJet Inc Company Overview
Our mission is to provide your aircraft appearance and leather care to your exact specifications. We provide consistent quality services and extend our dedication and expertise to help develop an aircraft appearance schedule and process that fulfills or exceeds your standards. We have the flexibility, creativity, and expertise to provide high quality services you require on time and within budget. We operate 24/7. Quality: A high success rate. Weve cleaned over 1,000,000 aircraft without incidence. Reliability: Were there when you need us. We are constantly looking for ways to increase quality, reduce costs, and improve productivity. All our services are tailored to your specific needs and budget. Well operate at any location. Dont see a service youre looking for? Contact us; chances are we can provide it. We follow OSHA, ISO, and FAA compliance regulations and standards. Safety is of the utmost importance, as is the proper training of all our technicians.