Operations Stan eval Featured
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- Job ID
Operations Stan eval job at RiverTech in Fairbanks AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
RiverTech an Akima Company delivers mission support services in the areas of engineering communications training operations and maintenance intelligence aviation logistics and space systems that protect and defend sea land air and space operations and their personnel. Providing the talent tools and technologies to ensure exceptional performance in todays most demanding and strategically critical global environments. This is RiverTech. Our personnel enjoy competitive benefits packages and challenging roles in work environments committed to innovation diversity and opportunity for career growth. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC) 100% of our companys profits go back to our 14300 I upiat shareholders that have resided near and above the Arctic Circle for more than 10000 years. Our business helps support their way of life and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived in a challenging environment.
The Operations Stan/Eval FTE position consists of scheduling and Stan/Eval functions at the squadron level. These job duties involve challenging and dynamic processes. Even after the schedule is printed numerous changes are required because of aircraft mechanical problems medical issues flight evaluation requirements expiring event currencies deployments and student training continuity to name a few. Weather conditions and other factors beyond the control of the scheduler also limit flying opportunities. Furthermore overseas locations may require additional Host Nation coordination and localized procedures. The scheduler needs to be able to adapt quickly to changing circumstances in a medium-to-high stress environment. Scheduling activities shall be in accordance with (IAW) Air Force Instruction (AFI) 10-420. The Contractor shall:
- Coordinate with the training officer squadron aviation resource management (SARM) UDM and Operations Officer (DO) to arrange a schedule to facilitate operations qualification upgrade test exercises and continuation training accomplishment to meet required currency and progression standards IAW DO priorities. Coordinate with the Weapons Officer or DO for aircraft configurations two weeks prior and ensure OPSs (operations)/MX (maintenance)/Ammo (ammunition) schedules are synchronized.
- Build long-and short-range flight schedules to ensure full coverage of all aircrew instructor evaluator support personnel and supervisor positions. Coordinate with senior squadron leadership on a daily and weekly basis.
- Keep track when crewmembers will be on leave temporary duty have scheduled medical appointments or other scheduling commitments. Contractor will de-conflict crewmember schedules and work with flight leadership to ensure crews are available to meet assigned sortie taskings. Ensure 100% accountability for aircrew schedule inputs and coordinate with Flight/CC (Commanders) to receive/integrate late inputs.
- Track daily flight/ground/academic training requirements and accomplishments to facilitate accurate flight scheduling as directed by the operations officer. To the maximum extent possible schedule aircrew based on experience to mitigate Operational Risk Management (ORM). Updates will be reported to squadron and wing leadership.
- Facilitate last-minute schedule changes to ensure full coverage by working with the current mission commander/operations supervisor (or equivalent) and flight responsible for the shift that is not fully manned.
- Obtain aircraft and equipment availability data from MX and schedule crewmembers for training exercises simulators and operations as required. Run flying schedule coordination change requests driven by operations requirements.
- Publish/post scheduling data for unit long-/short-range ground/academic flying and simulator training event schedules on PEX/GTIMS/GDSS II or other computer database systems.
- Comply with Operations Group and scheduling chiefs locally-developed guidance when building the schedule.
- Determine flight ground and simulator schedule requirements for upgrade initial qualification requalification transition currency and continuation training based on syllabus requirements student progression weather and daily equipment/training range availability.
- Perform daily updates of scheduling data to compensate for changing conditions and training completion rates.
- Coordinate with Operations Support Squadron (OSS) Plans department outside agencies/exercise participants and higher headquarters for example: RED FLAG GREEN FLAG Weapons School support for reporting and to facilitate exercise/special event schedule coordination.
- Provide inputs to OSS Scheduling and update daily Supervisor of Flying (SOF) and Top 3 schedules.
- Correlate sortie length and airspace requirements with syllabus requirements.
- Attend weekly special use airspace scheduling meeting for schedule coordination and de-confliction.
- Attend weekly planning/coordinating airspace restrictions meeting for schedule coordination and de-confliction.
- Attend monthly range scheduling meetings for schedule coordination and de-confliction. Conduct final range coordination and scheduling IAW local and/or Host Nation procedures.
- Create submit and file AF Form 1801s Diplomatic Clearances (DIPs) Altitude Reservations (ALTRV) and any other Host Nation or local procedure forms required for flying operations.
- Assist the DO in building the unit Annual Flying Hour Program.
- Represent unit requirements as required at airspace/range users conferences.
- Produce and disseminate scheduling effectiveness reports (weekly wrap-up) IAW local standards.
- Maintain accountability and control of flight testing materials.
- Perform duties as the squadron Technical Order Distribution Account (TODA) manager per T.O. 00-5-1 and Flight Crew Information File (FCIF) library manager per AFIs.
- Manage squadron hard and soft copy libraries of standardized reference materials as dictated by AFI or local supplement. This can include AFIs T.O.s Air Force Tactics Techniques and Procedures Manuals and Joint Publications. Maintain on-line accounts and distribution accounts with the various agencies required to sustain access to current library materials.
- Manage the Technical Order (TO) library flying related publications and checklists via the Technical Order Distribution Account (TODA) and Enhanced Technical Information Management System (ETIMS) to ensure all TO publications and checklist are current.
- Ensure all Flight Information Publications (FLIP) are current and accessible to all aircrew.
- Maintain Flight Crew Information File (FCIF) and any additional Read File libraries (i.e. OGRF SRF SOFRF etc.).
- Ensure all Briefing Room and Mission Planning materials to include local area maps are maintained Training Rule publications checklists and Special Interest Items are current and serviceable. Develop standardized briefing room aids as directed by the Chief of Stan/Eval to ensure mission spaces comply with AFI requirements for posted information and available reference material.
- Perform duties as receiving agent for hard copy delivery of Flight Information Publications (FLIP) and host nation FLIP equivalents.
- Update data in PEX/GTIMS or future equivalent systems and locally-developed computer database systems as required.
- Interface with Host Aviation Resource Management (HARM) personnel to update the Aviation Resource Management System (ARMS) or future equivalent systems to ARMS as required.
- Coordinate with training officer to review and update student/permanent party records folders and grade books per the applicable AFIs: AFI 11-202V2 and AFI 11-2MDS-V2 as well as associated MAJCOM/Installation supplements and locally-developed guidance.
- Notify crewmembers scheduling and unit leadership of upcoming and overdue testing evaluation and training requirements via e-mail telephone or in person.
- Perform testing administrator duties/function for the unit.
- Conduct monthly reviews of those aircrews entering into the first month of evaluation eligibility period.
- Interpret AFIs and provide guidance and to personnel assigned to Stan/Eval shops to help track training and readiness status of squadron personnel.
- Generate the following reports/forms as required:
- Evaluation and testing status and trend data reports
Provide data to OGV for Stan/Eval board (SEB) 6 month report
AF Form 8 Qualification of Aircrew Qualification
AF Form 847 Recommendation for Change of Publication
Produce monthly check-ride report denoting the current status of all check-ride requirements for aircrew in zone.
Produce a long range check-ride plan which takes into account TDY/Deployments and includes all no-notice check-ride requirements
- The Operations Stan/Eval support position shall be capable of being cross-utilized into all the other positions as needed as well as provide the additional functions highlighted in section 4.
- Update and maintain FLIP/EFB procedures systems and databases IAW prevailing AFIs governing EFB usage (ex. ACCI 11-270). These duties include: Identify address and elevate as necessary EFB requirements and concerns to leadership and the MAJCOM EFB Program Manager.
- Serve as the Wing EFB system administrator ensuring devices are configured issued tracked updated and maintained as required by this instruction. May also serve as the Wing EFB Mobile Device Management (MDM) administrator.
- Assist the Technical Order Distribution Officers (TODO) to provide aircrews with current electronic flight publications and guidance on approved methods to keep all required publications up-to-date on the EFB in accordance with this instruction.
- Provide the MAJCOM EFB Program Manager with feedback on operational assessments and development of EFB solutions.
- Assist with establishing an EFB Program Manager organizational email box.
- Assist enforcement of standardization and evaluation policy applicable to the EFB program including currency of required flight publications.
- Experience working in a Flying Squadron/Group/Wing WDOposition office is highly desirable
- Experience working with PEX/GTIMS or similar proprietaryStan/Eval programs is highly desirable
- Must have a minimum of an active Secret clearance
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job descriptiongenerally cover the nature and level of work being performed by individualsassigned to this position. This is not intended to be a complete list ofall duties responsibilities and skills required. Subject to the termsof an applicable collective bargaining agreement the company managementreserves the right to modify add or remove duties and to assign other dutiesas may be necessary. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Weare an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receiveconsideration for employment without regard to race color religion creednational origin gender or gender-identity age marital status sexualorientation veteran status disability pregnancy or parental status or anyother basis prohibited by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonableaccommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If youhave a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying foremployment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for aposition please contact Recruiting Services at ...@akima.com or571-###-####. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
The dedicatedemail and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals withdisabilities needing accessibility assistance to apply to an open positionusing our website.
Pleasedo not use the dedicated email or phone number above to inquire on the statusof your job application.
Inorder for our company to stay compliant with government regulations pleaseapply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying onlineunless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance with the online application.
RiverTech Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.