Project Analyst Sais Hot
- Vergennes, Vermont
- Job ID
Project Analyst Sais job at Rockwell Collins in Vergennes VT
Description, duties, responsibilities
United States of America
HVT01: S&IS (FUS) - Vergennes 100 Panton Rd Vergennes VT 05491 USA
This position is for an entry-level Engineering and Services Support professional (Project Analyst) supporting two value streams to achieve day-to-day objectives; Fuels and Health and Usage Management System and Guidance and Navigation Systems. The position supports in planning experiments and gathering technical data to support engineering disciplines and may provide technical support to engineers on single tasks. This role will be responsible for making changes in systems and processes to solve problems or improve the effectiveness of the work area.
Provides technical and program support and guidance to engineers on a variety of tasks. Plans and executes experiments and gathers maintains formats compiles and manipulates technical data such as laboratory or material test results and engineering design changes to support engineering disciplines. Analyzes maintains compiles and formats data and design changes. Produces reports and engineering documentation. Performs research and engineering laboratory functions involving the building testing troubleshooting repairing and modification of assemblies subsystems and systems. Acts as the communication liaison flowing overall objectives and tracking and monitoring progress between Engineering Value Stream Office NPI etc. to ensure the teams meet schedule requirements. Also acts as liaison between industry partners at an engineering level.
- Analyze engineering drawings and support estimation of labor hours and material costs to build a product
- Analyzes maintains compiles and formats data and design changes
- Provides internal estimates in support of determining price optimization and reducing cycle time for production deliveries and makes recommendations for transition to production
- Supports the Transition Build Center (NPI) and Operations with build test and sell process for manual assemblies
- Supports Procurement Compliance of piece part bids (Government requires price per piece part)
- Coordinate engineering activities resources equipment and information
- Monitors and tracks program status escalating and reporting challenges shortfall issues etc. to leadership and key stakeholders
- Maintaining updates to Earned Value and analyze drivers for performance
- Manage document/CDRL releases
- Responsible for knowing correct processes procedures etc. to ensure we are compliant
- Manage and track status of artifacts required for bids (technical volumes risk register and other engineering documents)
- Status current and existing bids (percentage of win changes and start date changes)
- Support and offload engineering leads with operational aspects of the program execution
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- Deadline Driven Ability to track and monitor production timings.
- Persistence Dealing with cross-enterprise coordination requires the ability to be tenacious to get the answers needed to make decisions.
- Detail-oriented multitasker The successful candidate will be able to handle multiple issues.
- Analysis Demonstrates the ability to provide a logical in-depth analysis of a problem or situation.
- Cooperation Must possess ability to coordinate and lead activities. Interfaces with Technicians Engineers Operations Project Specials (OPS) Value Stream Leaders (VSL) and Engineering Managers and Technical Project Chiefs to create/edit documentation
- Coordinating Ensures that information has been received and accurately understood by all parties. Serves as process and tool expert for engineering design teams
- Decisiveness Exhibits the personal confidence necessary to make critical decisions even amidst controversy and doubt.
- Dependability Ensures that all details of a project are accurate and organized.
- Drive Displays energy persistence and a positive attitude when working on most projects.
- Judgment Bases decisions on factual information and considers alternative courses of action before reaching decisions.
- Relationships Develops relationships with others that are based on trust.
- Communication - Must be able to effectively communicate with people across multiple organizations. Provides tools expertise and support to Engineering: MS Office Apps requirements capture databases change management and tracking tools. Generates reports as required.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- This position requires a Bachelors degree in the appropriate discipline and less than 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree 4 years of relevant experience is required.
- Theoretical knowledge typically obtained through University Degree
- Must have or be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance.Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements
- Understanding of Collins Aerospace ACE structure and Collins Management System (CMS)
- Experience with understanding technical projects including schedule and earned value management risk management customer interaction and briefings
- Experience leading engineering tasks
- Strong knowledge with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- SAP knowledge and experience
- Understanding of DAC Quality and DCMA processes
- Bachelors Degree and one year of prior relevant experience (In the absence of a degree 5 years of relevant experience is required)
Collins Aerospace a Raytheon Technologies company is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace our Mission Systems team helps civilian military and government customers complete their most complex missions whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team youll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce workplace and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical dental and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance Home and Auto additional life insurance accident insurancecritical illnessinsurance group legal
- Ovia Health fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such all U.S. positions require a background check which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Raytheon Technologies is An EqualOpportunity/AffirmativeAction Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity national origin disability or veteran status age or any other federally protected class.
Click on thislink to read the Policy and Terms
Rockwell Collins Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.