Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
At Rockwell Collins ARINC its our people who make the difference and are the backbone of our technologies. Employing some of the most talented dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins ARINC as the cornerstone of their careers helping create and deliver communications integration and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. Join Rockwell Collins ARINC and help shape our future while creating yours. The Information Management Services division of Rockwell is seeking an EMEA Business Development Manager for its Government Aviation Services business unit. The successful candidate will be responsible for all Rockwell Collins ARINC GAS sales activities within the Middle East and Africa regions including implementing an effective sales plan to generate new revenues from government (defence and civil security) customers. The ideal candidate will be: Experienced sales or business development professional - proven ability of strong and consistent service sales (up to $10m annually)
• Clear understanding of government (defence and civil security) operations satellite communications and aviation flight support services
• Experienced in government (military and civil) sales processes including government contracting
• Experienced in developing partnerships with local companies including aircraft modification companies systems integrators etc.
• Experienced in developing sales for delivery by external service providers (resellers)
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Experienced in capture management a bid team across ARINC and external partners
• Self-motivated and driven to establish a new business area with minimal supervision
• Able to travel across the EMEA regions to develop and close sales opportunities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent teamwork skills
• Strong ethical work practices
• Provide steadfast and dynamic leadership to the entire organization through example and action.
• Collaborate with matrix / divisional sales teams and regional teams to enable coordination of business development efforts specifically liaison with Rockwell Collins Government Systems (GS) counterparts and coordinate sales efforts.
• Facilitate the short and long term growth of the existing government business portfolio by seeking out new opportunities.
• Develop relationships with key government decision making agencies which will enable identification of opportunities and shaping of Customer requirements in order to foster business development.
• Develop relationships with existing and potential government Customers.
• Track and closely monitor sales prospects and targets and to conduct pipeline development.
• Identify most important Customer requirements and advocate for service enhancements where feasible.
• Coordinate with appropriate internal customer service entities to ensure Customer support is superlative.
• Assist in the development of proposals and market surveys.
•Participate in planning efforts which affect government aviation business.
•Participate in relevant trade shows conferences and other events. Think beyond year one for a moment. We believe having a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity. At Rockwell Collins ARINC we encourage career development and seek ways to provide you with opportunities for growth and variety in your work.
• Proven significant rated military or government aviation experience and/or business development experience with a military or government aviation contractor.
• Demonstrated knowledge of regional government hierarchies and procurement processes.
• Demonstrated business development or sales experience or acumen.
• Advanced written and oral communications.
• Demonstrated strengths of being self-motivated competitive and able to operate in a team environment.
• Strong active listening skills and the ability to understand Customer business requirements.
• Demonstrated success operating in a new and unfamiliar work environment.
• Demonstrated ability to lead people with formal and informal authority. Desired Experience:
• Prior experience with aircraft communication and navigation systems. 10+ years business development experience within Government markets Education Experience:
• Requires a bachelors degree or equivalent industry experience
• Advanced degree is desirable.
Please sign in to apply for this job.