Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
Secretary Iii Zdc Job
Secretary III (AA2) ZDC (Job Number:431441)
We are looking for an experienced Controller Training Contract (CTC) Instructor to join the SAIC TEAM providing air traffic controller training services for the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA). The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is responsible for ensuring that air traffic control specialists provide the flying public with a high level of safety and professionalism. A well-trained Air Traffic Control (ATC) workforce plays an essential role in fulfilling this responsibility.
The FAA employs more than 14000 air traffic controllers. They work in air traffic facilities of varying sizes safely separating more than 50000 aircraft in the National Airspace System (NAS) each day. To provide such air traffic services the FAA trains new air traffic control specialists and provides recurrent training to current air traffic control specialists.
The FAA utilizes Contractor-provided instructional services at FAA ATC facilities throughout the U.S. and its Territories to ensure these training needs are met. The scope of the contractor-provided services includes all training and training program support to successfully train and prepare students to become fully certified air traffic controllers.
SAIC must provide training and training related support services as required for all types and levels of ATC facilities. The selected candidate will support En Route training requirements at the Washington Air Route Traffic Control Center in Leesburg Virginia.
The position of Administrative Assistant II is responsible for performing and coordinating office administrative activities and storing retrieving and integrating information for dissemination to staff and clients.
- This position is responsible for a variety of administrative and clerical duties necessary to run an organization.
- AAII must possess a strong working knowledge of a variety of office equipment such as fax machines photocopiers scanners and videoconferencing and telephone systems.
- AAII must be proficient with computers as to create spreadsheets compose correspondence manage databases; and create error free reports and documents.
- The AAII is responsible for appropriately and confidentially when necessary accessing entering and extracting information from designated government databases.
- AAII may occasionally coordinate travel arrangement as well as process payroll and approve timesheets.
Additional duties may include but need not be limited to:
- Performing and coordinating an office’s administrative activities
- Storing retrieving and integrating information for dissemination to staff and customers.
- Knowledge of: fax machines photocopiers scanners and videoconferencing and telephone systems
- Proficient with computers and internet
- Skilled negotiating with vendors to purchase supplies manage areas such as stockrooms and retrieve data from various sources
- Serve as information and communication managers for an office
- Plan/schedule meetings and appointments
- Organize and maintain paper and electronic files
- Manage projects conduct research and disseminate information by using the telephone mail services web sites and e-mail.
- Handle travel arrangements.
- Monitor administrative activities ensure compliance with administrative procedures rules regulations and statutes.
- Review the efficiency of administrative procedures within the office and recommend improvements.
- Monitor expenditures and receipts; ensuring expenditures are coded in compliance with funding source restrictions and tracking requirements. Recommend solutions for problems or unique situations to supervisor.
- Assist Hiring Manager in preparing interview packages and correspondence for instructional candidates. This position will support the operational efforts of recruitment requests by verifying accuracy of position information scope and duration of recruitment; reviewing and making suggestions to improve selection criteria interview questions and rating devices; evaluating applicant education and experience to verify applicant meets minimum qualifications; and reviewing internal selection process to determine if all procedural requirements have been met.
- Calculate or audit timesheets monitor instruction time and pay differential including a variety of standard premium pays such as overtime shift differentials hazard recall and standby; reviewing and correcting calculations and coding completed by other staff.
- Five (5) years of experience operating Windows and associated Microsoft Office applications including: MS Word Excel PowerPoint Access etc.
- The capability to enter and extract information from designated Government database programs as required by the authorized Training Administrator (TA).
- The ability to format and produce high quality and error free documents in response to program requirements.
- The Administrative Assistant II must also possess strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to work independently.
- 5 years Remote Pilot Operator experience
- Possess a working knowledge of ATC phraseology and local airspace.
- This position does not require FAA certification.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical engineering intelligence and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston Virginia SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 10 2017 3:47:45 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-LEESBURG
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
Secretary Iii Zdc Job job at SAIC
Apply for this Secretary Iii Zdc Job position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.