- Carrollton, Texas
- Job ID
INSPECTOR job at SEMCO Aerospace in Carrollton TX
Description, duties, responsibilities
The inspector is directly responsible for the quality, integrity, and the airworthiness of all items within the scope of this FAA & EASA approved Repair Station as delegated and/or assigned to by the Quality Manager.
- The inspector is directly responsible for conducting all inspections, to include, but not limited to, incoming, in-progress, hidden damage, and final inspections (return to service).
- The inspector will assist in the inspection function and accept inspection assignments from the Quality Manager.
- The inspector performs all inspection assignments in accordance with all CFR's, manufacturers' specifications and other technical data approved by the Administrator.
- They will keep the Quality Manager advised on inspection assignment progress and any related problems.
- The inspector will properly execute all forms required in conjunction with the inspection assignments.
- Assist in varying degrees of internal audits
- Assist in performance of root cause and corrective action analysis
- Assist in the management of all quality programs which support the repair station.
- The inspector is responsible to and works under the direct supervision of the Quality Manager.
- Must possess an Airframe and Powerplant or Airframe License NO EXCEPTIONS
- 18-Months previous inspector experience with RTS authorization preferred.
- Previous FAA 145 Repair Station experience with component repair and overhaul a plus.
- Must be a US Citizen and able to speak, understand, read and write the English language.
- Proficient with computer functions and fluent in Microsoft Word, and Excel
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Familiarization with current Federal Aviation Regulations is mandatory, parts 21, 39, 43, 65, 91, 121, 135, and 145.
- Must be dependable and possess great team work attitude and willingness to provide solutions when inspection issues arise.
SEMCO Aerospace Company Overview
SEMCO Aerospace has been in business for 20+ years. Our facility is in the DFW area and serves many major airlines. SEMCO is a FAA Part 145 certified repair station repairing and overhauling safety, survival and emergency equipment.