Oxygen Shop Tech Urgent
- Carrollton, Texas
- Hourly $15.00 - $20.00
- Job ID
Oxygen Shop Tech job at SK AeroSafety Group USA in Carrollton TX
Description, duties, responsibilities
The Oxygen Technician will report to their assigned departmental supervisor. The Technician will perform required overhaul, repairs and incoming inspections on aviation safety equipment as well as providing support in many areas of the operations, as needed. This equipment includes oxygen cylinder and regulator assemblies and other safety related equipment. The Technician will be able to perform the basic functions of their primary job with necessary guidance and supervision. This is a hands-on position and has a significant impact on the success of the company.
- General Responsibilities
- Perform initial inspections, overhauls, minor repairs and modifications to both customer and Safetech product.
- Provide support and assistance within their department.
- Successfully complete and maintain all required training within the required time frames.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures including all federal regulatory policies and requirements.
- Maintain a distraction free, positive and respectful work environment
- Specific Responsibilities
- Carry out the assigned maintenance task in accordance with the applicable maintenance manual and the Repair Station Quality Manual.
- Ensure that the work order package is complete and has the forms and documents necessary to accomplish the work scope requested.
- Inform the supervisor or inspector of discrepancies in the documentation or article that require further review or attention.
- Ensure maintenance is performed in the appropriate sequence, that inspections are requested in an orderly and timely manner and that all maintenance activities are performed according to the appropriate maintenance data and customer requirements, the current technical data provided in the manufacturers instructions for Continued Airworthiness, Service Bulletins, Service Information Letters, Airworthiness Directives, government and industry standard practices, and other data acceptable to or approved by the FAA.
- Thorough familiarity with all tools and equipment, including inspection aids, used within their assigned area of responsibility.
- Ensure that all test equipment and tools used to make airworthiness determinations are labeled in accordance with the Repair Station Quality Manual.
- Bring to the attention of the supervisor or inspector, tools that are in need of calibration or repair.
- Ensure that articles received from stock are appropriate for the maintenance, preventative maintenance and alteration activities and that each article has acceptable documentation and is in condition for installation.
- Properly tag parts during the performance of maintenance, preventative maintenance or alteration. Keep all parts organized appropriately by work order.
- Properly record the work that is performed on the appropriate maintenance record.
- Ensure the proper recording of information pertaining to 49 CFR articles that have life limits.
- Maintain a distraction free workplace with all tools organized and stored properly.
III. Position Requirements
The successful candidate will be required to possess:
- The ability to read, write and comprehend the English language fluently (see 14CFR Subsection 145.155 (b).
- Initiative to organize and complete projects in individual and group setting – a self-starter.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Ability to pass random drug and alcohol tests (DOT).
- Ability to write legible and follow directions.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
SK AeroSafety Group USA Company Overview
SafeTech USA is an industry leader in the service, repair and certification of safety equipment for all types of aircraft. SafeTech, founded in 1984, is part of the SK AeroSafety Group and operates across the USA through a network of regional support centers located in Houston, Atlanta, Indianapolis, Ridgeland SC (near Savannah, GA), and Miami, FL. Over the years, SafeTech has developed strong relationships with original equipment manufacturers, as well as after-market parts and service establishments, in an effort to provide the most complete, accurate, cost effective and timely service available in the industry. We invite you to learn more at http://www.safetech-usa.com.