Aircraft Systems Engineers Hot
- Kansas, Alabama
- Job ID
Aircraft Systems Engineers job at STS Aviation Group in Kansas AL
Description, duties, responsibilities
- Applies an interdisciplinary engineering approach to whole system design by defining and documenting customer needs and required functionality early in the concept and development cycles.
- Skilled at defining and solving problems.
- Applies Systems Engineering principles to a system through its life cycle from development through production deployment training support operation and disposal as defined by customer requirements.
- Applies a logical sequence of activities and decisions that transforms an operational need into a description of system performance parameters and a preferred system configuration.
- Applies Systems Engineering principles roles and responsibilities as defined by Defense Acquisition University (DAU) System Engineering Fundamentals.
- Manage requirements database for all projects using requirements tools like Doors or TeamCenter Systems Engineering.
- Translate customer needs and required functionality into product and performance requirements.
- Ensure industry and certification (FAA and Mil-Hdbk-516C) requirements are addressed in the requirements.
- Document requirements in aircraft requirements documents system requirements documents and performance specifications
- Conduct requirements traceability analyses develop and maintain requirements traceability matrix.
- Prepare for and conduct Functional Configuration Audits and requirement compliance activities.
- Technical reviews
- Coordinate with functional leads designers project engineers and leadership to prepare and conduct technical reviews (System Functional Review (SFR) System Requirements Review (SRR) Preliminary Design Review (PDR) Critical Design Review (CDR).
- Ensure product and functional requirements are addressed by the design in tech review materials.
- Ensure company processes and maturity gates for product development are addressed in tech review materials; obtain required approvals.
- Document outcomes and results from technical reviews.
- Proposal Development
- Ensure requirements are known early stages of the proposal process to support internal and supplier statements of work and requirements documentation.
- Ensure requirements are understood and addressed in proposed solutions for added capabilities.
- Conduct trade studies.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace manufacturing defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly call 1-800-###-####.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.
STS Aviation Group Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.