Aircraft Structures Mechanics Featured
- Oscoda, Michigan
- Job ID
Aircraft Structures Mechanics job at STS Technical Services in Oscoda MI
Description, duties, responsibilities
STS Technical Services is now hiring Aircraft Structures Mechanics in Oscoda Michigan.
The Aircraft Sheet Metal Mechanic repairs fabricates modifies and installs sheet metal parts items and assemblies. Sheet metal mechanic work requires knowledge of the physical properties and working characteristics of sheet metal knowledge of tools and equipment required in the sheet metal trade and knowledge of shop mathematics and principles.
- Shoot and buck rivets to specifications following FAA guidelines
- Recognize differences in types of metals including structural strength and thickness
- Perform sheet metal bends to guidelines and specifications as dictated in normal aviation practices
- Remove existing rivets from aircraft structure
- Work with and around a variety of chemicals and follow all OSHA standards in regards to PPE
- Build components for aircraft applications using a variety of sheet metal materials
- Make decisions regarding how to make repairs and know what repairs can and can???t be done
- Understand and apply FAA standards
- Read blueprints to ensure build and modification completion follow both written and verbal instructions
- Effectively document job completion paperwork
- Other duties as assigned
- Valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant license strongly preferred
- Previous experience working with sheet metal or completion of a technical school program in a similar field of study
- Must provide own tools
- Ability to use and effectively manager ERP program time clock and company intranet
- Manage time to effectively meet company priorities
- Crawl in and out of tight spaces
- Lay in a prone position for more than 4 hours
- Comfortably work at elevated heights of at least 40 feet for extended periods of time
- Lift balance and carry 50 lbs.
- Work in enclosed hangars and exterior weather conditions
- Work in close proximity to other people
- A $500 referral bonus if your referral works at least 60 days
- Long-term contract and direct hire positions are available. It???s all about you and what you prefer.
- Overtime is offered in abundance
- If you decide that you???d like to go direct the benefits package you???ll receive is exceptional.
- Gain valuable experience working on 747???s and 767???s with the opportunity to obtain Gen Fam courses.
- A perfect landing place for veterans looking for a great career
- Due to a recent expansion Kalitta Air just created 150 new jobs and that means there are great advancement opportunities for those hoping to move into inspection lead supervisor and / or foreman roles
- Oscoda Michigan offers a low-cost of living but a high-quality of life and a strong sense of community
- If you love the outdoors you???ll love Oscoda. World class hunting and fishing is in your backyard
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that???s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace manufacturing defense and industrial industries. Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore! If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly call 1-800-###-####.STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer. #ZR
Valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant license strongly preferred
STS Technical Services Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.