Aircraft Engine Mechanics Featured
- Oscoda, Michigan
- Job ID
Aircraft Engine Mechanics job at STS Technical Services in Oscoda MI
Description, duties, responsibilities
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Engine Mechanics in Midland Michigan.
A&P s performing aircraft engine maintenance teardown and overhaul on mostly commercial and regional aviation engines. Kalitta s own fleet consists of 747s 767s and 777s. Engines include CFM-56 CF6 JT9 and PW4000. Mechanics do not need to have a current A&P but you must have experience if you do not have a valid A&P.
Job Duties and Requirements:
- Replaces or repairs worn defective or damaged components using hand tools gauges and testing equipment.
- Tests engine operation using test equipment such as ignition analyzer compression checker distributor timer and ammeter to identify malfunction.
- Listens to operating engine to detect and diagnose malfunctions such as sticking or burned valves.
- Reassembles engine and installs engine in aircraft.
- Disassembles and inspects engine parts such as turbine blades and cylinders for wear warping cracks and leaks.
- Removes engine from aircraft using hoist or forklift truck.
- Adjusts repairs or replaces electrical wiring system and aircraft accessories.
- A mechanic may work with special instruments designed specifically for aircraft maintenance.
- The job may also involve standing on ladders and working at various heights.
- Long-term contract and direct hire positions are available. It s all about you and what you prefer.
- Overtime is offered in abundance
- If you decide that you d like to go direct the benefits package you ll receive is exceptional.
- Gain valuable experience working on 747 s and 767 s with the opportunity to obtain Gen Fam courses.
- A perfect landing place for veterans looking for a great career
- Oscoda Michigan offers a low-cost of living but a high-quality of life and a strong sense of community
- If you love the outdoors you ll love Oscoda. World class hunting and fishing is in your backyard
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace manufacturing defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly call 1-800-###-####.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.
must have experience if you do not have a valid A&P
STS Technical Services Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.