Gse Technicians Featured
- Melbourne, Florida
- Job ID
Gse Technicians job at STS Technical Services in Melbourne FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
STS Aviation Services is hiring GSE Technicians in Melbourne Florida.
Performs trouble-shooting operational testing modification and repair of aircraft ground support equipment and basic building maintenance systems in accordance with policies procedures requirements and specifications established by the company applicable government agencies and equipment manufactures as contained in approved Maintenance Manuals.
General Qualifications/Knowledge Skills Abilities (KSA):
- Two (2) years??? experience in equipment maintenance preferably with an airline and/or MRO company.
- Must be able to read and interpret technical manuals instructions blueprints and drawings.
- Must be efficient in the use and application of tools gauges instruments etc. necessary for the accomplishment of duties assigned.
- Must have an understanding and working knowledge of hazardous material handling and disposal as related to the job assignment.
- Must have minimum basic hand tools.
- Must meet the qualifications to obtain an Airport/SIDA badge.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
Nature of Work:
- Works according to written and/or verbal instructions.
- Performs all work assigned in accordance with approved maintenance procedures.
- Records work performed and assumes responsibility for that work as indicated by his/her signature.
- Uses blueprints schematics technical drawings and Maintenance Manuals in performance of assigned duties.
- Performs basic repairs and tasks associated with general building maintenance.
- Must maintain valid Florida driver???s license.
- Must have working knowledge and the ability to service troubleshoot repair modify preserve and maintain ground support equipment.
- Must perform preventive maintenance on equipment having internal combustion engines hydraulics electrical and pneumatic systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisors necessary for the normal day-to-day operation not determined at time of hire.
- Must be able to sit stand bend crouch kneel and walk for extended periods.
- Must be able to climb and work from ladders work stands and other heights.
- Must be able to work with one or both hands extended overhead.
- Must have correctable near and far vision.
- Must be able to hear at conversational level with hearing aid.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to handle and maintain control of small parts and properly operate hand tools.
- Clock into Kronos prior to shift start.
- Report to assigned Supervisor/Lead at beginning of shift.
- Receive assigned task and clock into time tracking system.
- Obtain all manual references tooling consumables etc. required to perform assigned task.
- Perform assigned task in a timely manner.
- Document completion of work in maintenance management system
- Report to assigned supervisor/Lead for next assigned task.
- Adhere to break and lunchtimes as designated by the company rules.
- Cell phones not allowed for personal business during assigned shift.
- Drinks not allowed in assigned work area and/or on top of toolbox tables etc.
- Return all shop tooling prior to end of shift and leave areas clean.
- Clock out of time tracking system and Kronos at end of shift.
About STS Aviation Services:
STS Aviation Services operates three state-of-the-art aircraft hangars two interior modification facilities and more than 40 line maintenance stations both stateside and aboard. These facilities and the expert personnel that call each home fuel the company???s drive to seamlessly blend a growing portfolio of MRO services to deliver all-encompassing aircraft maintenance engineering and modification solutions to the global aviation industry. To learn more about STS Aviation Services and what makes it the company with ???Solutions to Keep You Flying??? please visit www.stsaviationgroup.com or call 1-800-###-####. #ZR
Two (2) years??? experience in equipment maintenance preferably with an airline and/or MRO company.
STS Technical Services Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.