Aerospace Supplier Quality Engineer Featured
- Springfield, Massachusetts
- Job ID
Aerospace Supplier Quality Engineer job at SUPPLIER MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS in Springfield MA
Description, duties, responsibilities
Please visit our website at www.SMSSolutionsInc.com
The Supplier Quality Engineer will be responsible for executing and expanding on key initiatives inside of the supplier quality organization. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated problem-solving skills and the ability to be flexible in high-pressure situations. APQP experience is required. This position is located in Joplin MO.
- Defines and documents test procedures by monitoring and evaluating component test requirements
- Evaluates and or appraises suppliers manufacturing capabilities to baseline their processes for conformance to various documented commodity checklists and or establishes part quality evaluation plans from materials requests through material receipt (full life cycle).
- Provides resolution and disposition of non-conformance materials to ensure adequate corrective action.
- Evaluates and or appraises a suppliers manufacturing capability to baseline the processes for conformance to the specific documented commodity checklists
- Understand and implements a closed-loop process such as problem-solving skills and root cause analysis to determine the potential effectiveness of proposed corrective actions.
- Backup Regional Managers and perform Quality Assurance Specialists tasks when required.
- Evaluates and or appraises a suppliers product or process compliance to baseline the product(s) and or processes for conformance to the specific requirements or process checklists
- Maintains metrics on team performance.
- 15+ years of hands-on experience as a Quality Engineering in an Aerospace Manufacturing Environment.
- 5+ Years of Machining Shop Inspection and Performing First Article Inspections
- Knowledge of inspection and visual examination of Cadmium and Anodize surfaces a must
- Working knowledge and experience with Aircraft Parts and Material Conformity Inspections
- 5-10 years of FAI experience with AS9102 (FAI) Protocol
- Hands-on experience or working knowledge of Special Processes (i.e. heat treating welding NDT)
- Strong understanding of Engineering Mechanical Processes Standard Drawings Conventions Interpreting Drawing Specifications and GD&T
- 5-10 years experience hands-on experience with the ISO9100 and AS9100 Quality Management Systems Processes especially in Production Quality and logistics
- APQP experience is required
- Knowledge of (or hands-on experience preferred) with FAA EAR and ITAR standards and regulations
- Experience leading customer audits
- Strong verbal written and communication skills
- Project management time management problem solving and organization
- Ability to work as an effective team member and lead other team members.
- Drug screen and background check will be administered.
- US Citizenship required.
- Vision exam is required prior to hire. Requirements are as follows:
- The General Vision Acuity Test shall be performed by an Oculist Optometrist or other professionally recognized person. The following requirements shall apply.
- Near Vision Eyes meets Orthorater 8 (95% or Jaeger #2 at 12 inches)
- Far vision Eyes meets Orthorater 4 (76%) or Snellen Chart 20/50
- Color Perception 6 of 9 Orthorater plates
Prior experience in areas of Quality Engineering such as: DOE FMEA SPC RCCA APQP PPAP controls plans material control process control systems performance product evaluation MSA metrology automated measurement and software is preferred.
Education (including certifications):
Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a technical discipline (i.e. Industrial Engineering Mechanical Engineering Quality Management etc.).
OR In lieu of a degree 8+ years of hands-on experience as a Quality Engineering in an Aerospace Manufacturing environment.
SMS a TRIGO company
Supplier Management Solutions LLC (SMS) is the leader in the Commercial and Defense Aerospace Industry providing global supplier management development and quality services through boots on the ground on-site management to drive systemic changes that improve quality and sustain on-time delivery and overall supplier performance.
With SMS Headquarters located in Temecula CA SMS Executives Management and teams come with over forty (40) years of industry experience. Together SMS understands the current dynamics and urgent need for a more efficient and cost-effective supply chain management solution. SMS management team and field resources Delivery Assurance Specialists (DAS) Supplier Development Specialists (SDS) Quality Assurance Specialists (QAS) and Supplier Quality Engineers (SQEs) perform their role working as an extension of their customers with a domestic presence in over 40 states and 24+ countries internationally. SMS business model provides a customized fully integrated service solution along the customers value stream which results in quality parts arriving on-time every time.
As of January 2019 TRIGO Group with a headquarters in Paris-France acquired Supplier Management Solutions. This transaction was a major step in TRIGOs development strategy into the value-added global Aerospace supply chain and quality management services market while expanded TRIGOs U.S. footprint by leveraging SMS relationships and domestic presence. It has strengthened SMS position as a quality partner in the aerospace supply chain by providing global coverage in addition to an extended service offering into quality inspection and conformity management. The integration of the two companies has provided our current and future customers with a unique combined full-service solution for both On-Time-Delivery and On-Quality-Delivery performance for the Aerospace supply chain.
Powered by JazzHR
SUPPLIER MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.