Aerospace Process Engineer Hot
- Thousand Oaks, California
- Job ID
Aerospace Process Engineer job at Sensata Technologies in Thousand Oaks CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
Sensata Technologies Aerospace business is looking for an experienced Process Engineer who will develop manufacturing processes associated to New Product Development as well as improvements to our current processes to drive efficiency and increase profits. The qualified individual will be responsible for providing the overall process design for new products in addition to suggested and evaluated measures for improvement of existed products. This position works closely with Design Engineers Program Managers Purchasing and Quality Engineers to support the development of new product lines. This role will lead the development of new equipment and process flows as well as developing associated cost estimates for labor and capital.
- Manage new product project from manufacturing and industrialization deliverables. Ensure all proposed processes of product development project run properly within the scheduled time line. Accountable to the management review/NPDE2 process and ensure projects fall within scope of product plan guidelines.
- Conceptualize develop document and roll out all new processes within Sensata s Aerospace business group up to and beyond the formal PPAP stage.
- Lead the decision making process to set the pace encourage input deal with conflict and ambiguity with respect to process development.
- Work with cross functions (Design Sustaining Manufacturing Quality and Supply Base) to ensure right processes are in place to meet customer needs fully and quickly. Remove barriers to integration across functional perspectives within and beyond the core team.
- Support the design of new fixtures and optimization devices. Develop meaningful measures and report progress against them. Transfer of process knowledge to Make Site Process and Quality teams.
- B. S. degree or above majoring in engineering physics or relevant equivalent.
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience in manufacturing/process engineering mechanical/electrical design or equivalent ones. Technical experience in Aerospace products is preferred.
- Good knowledge of Aerospace requirements AS9100 / PPAP / MSA requirements and Quality systems/tools is a plus.
- Good knowledge in Lean Manufacturing and be familiar with systematic problem solving methodology (6 Sigma GB/BB).
- Experience in activities related to New Product/Process Development is a plus.
- Good interpersonal / communication skills and familiarity with standard manufacturing processes including Machining Welding Soldering Basic Electrical Testing and Metrology.
This position requires potential access to technology controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) the successful candidate must be a "U.S. person" as defined in the ITAR and EAR. In order to be a U.S. person for ITAR and EAR purposes you must: (i) be a citizen or national of the United States; or (ii) be a lawful permanent resident (i.e. "green card holder") of the United States; or (iii) have been admitted to the United States as a refugee or have been granted asylum provided that you have applied for naturalization within six months of the date you first became eligible and if not yet accepted you are actively pursuing naturalization after two years from the date of your application.
Collaborating at Sensata means working with some of the world s most talented people in an enriching environment that is constantly pushing towards the next best thing.
Employees work across functions countries and cultures gaining new perspectives through mutual respect and open communication.
- As OneSensata we are working together to make things work together
If you are an individual who requires a reasonable accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which you applied please make a request to the recruiter or contact .
NOTE: If you are a current Sensata employee (or one of our Affiliates) please back out of this application and log into Workday via the Company Intranet to apply directly. Type FIND JOBS in the Workday search bar.
Sensata Technologies Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.