Operations Manager aircraft Modification Featured
- Hagerstown, Maryland
- Job ID
Operations Manager aircraft Modification job at Sierra Nevada Corporation in Hagerstown MD
Description, duties, responsibilities
SUMMARY: The Operations Manager is responsible for the overall planning and management of the operation and personnel in accordance with corporate guidelines and contract requirements.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Supervise those that perform mechanical/electrical manufacturing and assembly from engineering drawings assembly instructions and other production documentation
- Apply performance measurement metrics to track performance in all production areas; use these metrics as a guide for continuous improvement
- Ability to and responsibility to interface by all medias (written email verbal electronic face to face etc.) with other departments (Engineering Materials Control Quality Control Quality Assurance Safety Human Resources Program Management etc.) to communicate changes in schedules consisting of but not limited to flight production and personnel/staffing
- Staffing (joint responsibility with Production Operations Manager) - Review new candidate resumes and recommend for hire ensuring adequate staffing to meet schedule deadlines
- Recommend discipline to Human Resources and Production Operations Manager and when appropriate conduct employee counseling sessions for non-compliance with SNC policies and procedures
- Monitor and approve time cards and ensure data matches the data entered in the Deltek time system
- Responsible for interpreting and answering questions relating to drawing/prints and when appropriate provide approval of drawing changes
- Responsible for ensuring the necessary on-the-job training for direct employees and contract workers assigned as Production Technicians
- Monitor compliance with company procedures concerning DCMA 8210.1 compliance covered above
- Ensure work being performed is properly documented and maintain a log of work carried over from the various shifts
- Ensure compliance with all environmental health and safety policies/procedures
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies Procedures and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion Performance Evaluations Salary Reviews Succession Planning etc
- Responsible for leadership oversight and for ensuring Department/Team training
Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities as defined by management
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- BS/BA in related field preferred. Related experience can substitute for education.
- 5-7 years of related experience.
- Knowledge of reading interpreting drawings diagrams and manuals; aircraft avionics/other systems; wire coding systems; avionics test equipment; knowledge of manuals necessary to perform job; troubleshoot aircraft electrical and aviation systems and to measure using a variety of basic and precision measuring devices relating to job function
- Computer proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel is required. MS Access preferred. Growth or experience in MS Project MS PowerPoint and Visio is desired.
- Excellent communication problem solving interpersonal and decision-making skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Proven experience in team building time management conflict resolution communication briefing presentation strategic thinking and literacy in the production disciplines
- Possess the ability to handle multiple tasks with frequent interruptions
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance is required
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF) a federal government agency handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include but are not limited to allegiance to the US foreign influence foreign preference criminal conduct security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force and as one of America s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local state or federal law ordinance or regulation.
Sierra Nevada Corporation Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.