Director of Mobile Service Units MSU
- Greensboro, North Carolina
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Director of Mobile Service Units MSU job at Signature Flight Support in Greensboro NC
Description, duties, responsibilities
Director of Mobile Service Units (MSU)
We Service Private Jets!
Signature Flight Support TECHNICAir, the world's largest FBO network, is hiring a Director of Mobile Service Units at our GSO Facility in beautiful Greensboro, NC! We are looking for new, self-starting candidates to join our team! Looking for the opportunity to grow in a fast-paced industry? You've come to the right place!!
Position: Director of Mobile Service Units (MSU)
Benfits: Access to a range of option for Medical, Dental & Vision coverage, 401(k) w/company match, and Tuition Reimbursement
Pay: Depending On Experience
Director OF MSU is responsible for ensuring that cost-effective operations and infrastructure are in place to support MSU locations and staff. The Director of MSU ensures that the MSU framework is well positioned operationally with processes to support the organization's growth and a rapidly evolving market. The Director of MSU position will be based in Greensboro, NC and will have travel requirements.
- Develop strategies to ensure MSU Operations meet the company's growth requirements and assist the V.P. of MRO to set the business strategy to drive the future growth.
- Provide expert leadership to all phases of operations with airframe, avionics, engines, components and repair services by leading MSU technicians and take actions that are consistent with the company's overall strategy.
- Mentor and develop the capabilities of the team.
- Assist in setting performance goals for locations.
- Monitor actual performance against performance goals to ensure productive execution of strategies, SOP's and tasks.
- Develop and implement processes to ensure a safe and productive workplace.
- Develop, refine and improve call center activities and serve as POC for MSU team.
- Drive process improvement to optimize productivity and efficiency by collaborating on policy deployment in the areas of Lean Manufacturing techniques, quality, cost reduction, cycle time, on-time delivery, safety, customer satisfaction, employee relations, visual controls and performance measures.
- Ensures compliance with company related policies, procedures, SOP's and that the company continues to meet high quality standards.
- Regularly confer with V.P. of MRO to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status and conditions.
- Planning - to ensure AOG schedules are met (aircraft are delivered 'On Time' and on budget).
- Budget - participate in annual budget preparation including a plan for capital expenditures.
- Training - Assist in the development of an annual training plan for the MSU Operations (locations and technicians) and sending technicians to formal aircraft training to support FAR145 and OEM Service Center requirements.
- Facilities, Vehicles and Equipment - responsible for advising locations on Lean techniques to keep company facilities, vehicles and equipment at the highest level of organization, cleanliness and repair.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Leadership - a demonstrated ability to lead people and drive positive results
- Management - the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Must have strong planning and organizations skills
- Demonstrated skills in delivering improved year over year performance results
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - including presentation skills
- Commitment to company values
- Must demonstrate strong working relationships with sales organization
- Must be willing to travel to all company locations and as required for special projects
- Must be able to read and comprehend FAA regulations, company policies and procedures, aircraft manufacturers manuals, repair station manuals and other aviation related updates
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Minimum 15 years recent general aviation maintenance management and service experience in progressively responsible and complex roles
- Airframe and Powerplant License (A&P)
- Must have Part 145 Repair Station experience and working knowledge of Part 91 and 135 regulations
- Training and a working knowledge of LEAN or Six Sigma techniques
- Experience in establishing labor rates, parts margins, and project management experience for Aircraft Maintenance and Avionics assignments
- Experience operating in conjunction with Fixed Base Operations and multi-location corporate environment
- Strong and successful P&L experience
- Operations software experience - TFBO systems experience preferred
- Technical training in aircraft and aviation maintenance
- Extensive working knowledge of applicable safety, OSHA, Hazardous Materials, and FAA regulations
- Working knowledge of aircraft technical manuals and data using ATP, Avantext and other online applications
- Must be able to take/pass a pre-employment drug screening
Ready to give your career wings? Join the leading global provider of flight support services! Apply today using the link below or visit www.signatureflight.com/employment, hit "View USA Jobs" and search by keyword "GSO". A Recruiter from our Talent Acquisition team from our headquarters in Orlando, FL (407 #) will be in touch!
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Signature Flight Support Company Overview
Be Part of a Global Network In our industry, we know that we have to get it right every time. Our employees provide the foundation for the entire customer experience and ensure that we remain at the apex of aircraft ground support providers. That's why Signature Flight Support is committed to employing a diverse group of aircraft handling professionals that are passionate and personally invested in developing the safest, most inclusive, and welcoming work environment. As our company continues to expand, we are determined to provide our employees and customers an environment that encompasses our core values of integrity, responsibility, safety, service, people, and performance. In remaining steadfast in our pledge to our principles, we continue to focus on crafting an atmosphere where our employees are encouraged to share ideas, embrace differences, and grow on both personal and professional levels. Empowering our staff and offering opportunities to prosper enables Signature Flight Support to be the global leader in flight support services.