Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
Signature Flight Support, the world's largest FBO network, is hiring a Customer-Oriented Accounting Associate at our IAD Facility in beautiful Washington Dulles, Virginia! We are looking for new, self-starting candidates to join our team! Looking for the opportunity to grow in a fast-paced industry? You've come to the right place!!
Position: Accounting Associate
Status: Full-Time, 40 hours per week
Benefits: Access to a range of option for Medical, Dental & Vision coverage, 401(k) w/company match, and Tuition Reimbursement
Pay: Depending On Experience
Accounting Associates are responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate completion of any required station finance activity. Additional duties will vary according to local station requirements and may include administrative support to the Station Manager and other ad-hoc activity of a similar level.
Some duties include:
- Processing fuel orders into Fuel Management System (FMS) and/or AS/400 (accounting system).
- Coordinating the collection and collation of fuel tickets.
- Entering fuel tickets into FMS.
- Entering daily ending inventories into FMS.
- Generating daily fuel close reports.
- Reconciling and resolving variances in FMS.
- Miscellaneous non-finance activities including administrative support.
- Responsible for ensuring timely completion of any required station finance activity as needed.
- Additional duties will vary according to location but may include administrative-level support to local Station Manager(s) / Duty Manager(s).
Essential Job Functions:
- Regularly required to sit.
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects; talk; and hear.
- Occasionally required to stand and walk.
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Read, write, fluently speak, and understand the English language.
- Effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees.
- Read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Compute rate, ratio, and percentages.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Report to work in a regular and timely basis.
- Associate's Degree preferred.
- 2-3 years of accounting/administrative experience with understanding of basic accounting practices.
- Ability to perform independently.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills as well as problem solving skills.
- Aviation/airline experience preferred but not required.
- Must have working knowledge of Excel and other computer applications, FMS preferred.
- Must be able to obtain airport badge (passing a 10-year background check)
- Must be able to take/pass a pre-employment drug screening.
Ready to give your career wings? Join the leading global provider of flight support services! Apply today using the link below or visit www.signatureflight.com/employment, hit "View USA Jobs" and search by keyword "IAD". A Recruiter from our Talent Acquisition team from our headquarters in Orlando, FL (407 #) will be in touch!
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Please sign in to apply for this job.