Aviation Technology Tenure Track Faculty Featured
- Dayton, Ohio
- Annual Salary $45,691.00 - $62,445.00
- Job ID
Aviation Technology Tenure Track Faculty job at Sinclair College in Dayton OH
Description, duties, responsibilities
Sinclair seeks to attract an academically and culturally diverse faculty that carries out the mission of the college with dedication, innovation and a commitment to the success of each student. The Division of Science, Math & Engineering is currently seeking candidates for a tenure track opening in the Aviation Technology Department effective August 17, 2020.
Carry out the six Critical Performance areas of a tenure track appointment:
- Scholarship and Professional Growth: Maintain and seek to improve currency and competence in the discipline as a teacher
- Teaching and Learning Facilitation: Participate in the continuing development and implementation of the department’s curriculum through teaching that reflects a strong commitment to fostering student success
- Assessment and Evaluation: Implement evaluations according to established standards and use assessment data to continuously improve teaching and learning
- Student Development: Through in-class and out-of-class initiatives, actively seek to advance the development of individual students and their capacity to meet their educational goals
- Curriculum Design: In collaboration with colleagues, actively contribute to the continuous review and revision of the department’s curriculum
- Workplace and Community Service: Contribute to the operation and advancement of the college through committee service and other activities
- Masters Degree with at least five years of relevant aviation experience required. A Bachelor’s Degree and significant industrial or educational experience and related certifications may be accepted initially in lieu of a Master’s Degree. Candidates without a master’s degree will be required to obtain one within a specified time.
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant certification required
- Experience in a technical or instructional position related to the aviation industry preferred
- FAA Inspection Authorization (IA) preferred
- FAA Pilot Certificates preferred
Sinclair College Company Overview
Sinclair offers more than 250 degree and certificate programs, including specialized and technical areas of study that are in high demand in the Dayton region. In the last four years, more than 15,000 credentials have been earned by Sinclair students. Sinclair offers course schedules and options, including online, to match your lifestyle. Credits easily transfer to four-year colleges and universities in Ohio and elsewhere, with more than 100 university transfer agreements that make it easy to transfer to advanced study. More than 3,500 students transfer every year from Sinclair. With one of the lowest tuition rates in Ohio, Sinclair is committed to providing quality education and consistently ranks among the top community colleges in America. Sinclair's student-to-faculty ratio of nineteen-to-one is among the lowest at any Ohio college.