Sr Payroll Administrator Featured
- Petaluma, California
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Sr Payroll Administrator job at Solairus Aviation in Petaluma CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
Do you thrive in a fast paced ever changing environment? If so then we have a great opportunity for you! We are looking for an experienced Sr. Payroll Administrator for our headquarters in Petaluma with experience in multi-state payroll and excellent multi-tasking abilities.
The Sr. Payroll Administrator is accountable for the integrity of Solairus payroll through creative problem solving and a tenacious dedication to our employees and clients. Ensures timely and compliant pay to employees approves all payroll activities auditing each payroll and responsible for payroll feeds to various vendors.
- Maintains payroll information directing the collection calculation and entering of data.
- Responsible for ensuring accurate updates of payroll records; exemptions changes insurance coverage savings deductions and job titles and department/ division transfers.
- Responsible for timekeeping system.
- Pays employees by directing the production and issuance of paychecks or electronic transfers to bank accounts.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings taxes deductions leave disability and nontaxable wages.
- Determines payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of employee taxes unemployment and workers compensation payments.
- Balances the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Prepares weekly monthly quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll hours worked vacation accrual tax deductions benefit deductions etc.) for management.
- Performs various journal entries account reconciliations and provides general ledger support.
- Manages HSA and FSA funding and account reconciliations.
- Manages 401(k) funding loan management ER & EE match true up 5500 etc administration of 401(k) plan
- Manages all state and federal tax filings with support of our 3rd party provider.
- Responsible for all payroll audits and federal or state reporting.
- Responsible for payroll records management in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Complies with federal state and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years’ experience as a Payroll Administrator
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now strongly preferred
- Experience processing multi-state and projected payrolls
- Knowledge of employment and tax laws
- Excellent mathematic and communication skills
- Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality
- Repetitive movement of hands and fingers – frequent keyboarding to input data and information.
- Frequent sitting at a computer desk
- Occasional standing walking stooping kneeling or crouching.
- Capable of lifting files up to 10 lbs.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
Solairus Aviation Company Overview
Solairus Aviation is raising the bar in the aircraft charter and aviation asset management industries. Founded by an accomplished executive leadership team, Solairus is focused on delivering exceptional private jet charter flight services and outstanding asset optimization solutions that truly go above and beyond standard offerings. The company is comprised of a passionate group of flight and aircraft specialists who are focused on exceeding the expectations of our clients and redefining integrated private jet services. Solairus Aviation is a US-based aviation services company whose core business is assisting owners with the safe, reliable, and economical operation of their aircraft. We accomplish this by using systems, processes, and procedures developed and honed throughout thirty plus years in the industry. Our services are customized to meet your individual travel and financial requirements, and to support your flight operation with the highest standards of safety and personalized service, regardless of the location of the private jet.