Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All Solairus Aviation Jobs
Chief Pilot Petaluma CA
Salary Annual: USD
The primary responsibility of the Chief Pilot is the operational and administrative oversight of the Solairus Aviation flight crew members. The Chief Pilot will also work with the Senior Vice President of Flight Operations on Company policies and procedures regarding operations safety and training of the pilot group. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES
- Subject matter expert on the Company 91 and 135 FOM its contained policies and procedures the FAR’s LOAs and flight training programs
- Assist in ensuring that Solairus Pilots conform to standard procedures as outlined in the applicable FAR’s and company policies and that all pilots meet the currency requirements to include: proficiency checks instrument and takeoff and landing currency and line observations as required by FAR’s and company policy
- Ensure that the company’s goals for safety security and quality are met by continual compliance with the company Safety Management System (SMS) program and reporting through the appropriate process and safety security or quality recommendations or non-compliance observations
- Assist preparation and maintenance of pilot proficiency records and correspondence pertaining to operations and training activities
- Dissemination of information to crewmembers pertaining to regulatory and company policies
- Procurement of relevant LOAs and other regulated authorizations
- Management and execution of the Company Part 91 Line Operations Observation Program (LOOP)
- Ensuring that all aircraft checklists are current aboard aircraft and used by all flight crewmembers
- Conduct personnel interviews
- Keep the VP of Flight Operations and Chief Pilot advised on status of flight personnel
- Maintaining FAR 135 Pilot-in-command qualifications with appropriate ratings
INDEPENDENCE AND SUPERVISION
- Typical Education: Describe level of education typically required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years as PIC serving on aircraft type similar to Solairus Aviation’s fleet.
- 2 to 3 years of Int’l flying experience
- FAR 135 and/or 121 PIC experience
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS/TECHNOLOGY
- Ability to work independently and accurately highly desirable. Will report directly to the VP of Flight Operations.
- Will work directly with Assistant Chief Pilot and VP of Flight Operations to develop implement and oversee Solairus flight operational policy.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
- Must be able to maintain employee morale.
- Strong understanding of Federal Aviation Regulations (91 and 135)
- Must have strong verbal and communication skills.
- Must be comfortable with public speaking
- Must be well organized and able to handle multiple task.
- Must be a team player and able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to instruct pilot ground schools or seminars
- Appropriate demeanor and skills to function as the crewmember point of contact for company operational and regulatory questions or interpretations.
Chief Pilot job at Solairus Aviation
Apply for this Chief Pilot Petaluma CA position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.
Over 98,992 Aviation Career Opportunities
Enjoy a sneak peak of the most recent aviation jobs listed in the Avjobs Applicant System. Avjobs has over 98,992
aviation jobs available. 93,380 new jobs have been posted in the last 30 days.
Sign in to view jobs in your area.