Chief Inspector Urgent
- Georgetown, Texas
- Job ID
Chief Inspector job at Southwest Aerospace Technologies in Georgetown TX
Description, duties, responsibilities
Southwest Aerospace Technologies, LLC is a private aviation company, specializing in private jet aircraft parts and component repairs The company has a FAA, EASA & TCCA Part 145 maintenance repair station, focusing on high quality service to customers in the areas of aircraft maintenance, maintenance support, parts and component repair, and consulting.
The Chief Inspector is responsible for administering the quality control and assurance of the Part 145 maintenance Department. This position requires a high level of expertise in quality control measures, regulatory compliance, safety management systems, policies, processes, and department standard operating procedures. In conjunction with upper management and the 145 Maintenance Manager, the individual will continue the development of policies, procedures, and systems to maximize safety, quality, and compliance with all FAA regulations.
Grow the quality control and quality assurance procedures, processes and SOP’s to keep the highest of standards for aircraft maintenance.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for ensuring all maintenance conducted is in compliance with all applicable local, State, and Federal regulations and Company RSM/QCM and assures.
• Work in conjunction with the Maintenance Manager to ensure all maintenance is carried out with the highest sense of safety and quality while maintaining schedules.
• Implement effective aircraft maintenance, inspection, and repair programs in accordance with Federal Air Regulations, company manuals, and manufacturers' recommendations.
• Monitor and update company manuals as required to keep them current in respect to the way maintenance and the company operation performs.
• Oversee and maintain a professional and good relationship with our local FAA CHDO and inspectors.
• Monitor, submit, assign and process safety hazardous report within our SMS programs.
• Ensure all records are kept in compliance to all applicable FAR’s and company manuals.
• Work in conjunction with Human Resources to recruit, and if necessary, terminate inspection personnel.
• Hire, train, and supervise inspection department personnel.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to effectively interact and tactfully communicate with various Regulatory Agencies personnel, both in person and in writing.
• Must be able to read, write and understand safety plans, rules, maintenance instructions, training manuals, Material Data Safety Sheets (MSDS), maintenance bulletins and procedure manuals.
• Must be able to effectively operate the company’s computer-based applications/software and aircraft maintenance tracking programs, including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook.
• Must maintain high standards of performance for self and others; demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement in all aspects of the business; monitor, coach and mentor the maintenance team.
• Minimum ten years of experience in maintaining aircraft with verifiable practical experience as an active aircraft mechanic in a maintenance organization.
• Minimum of five years of experience in a supervisory position in a maintenance organization.
• Minimum of ten years of experience in a Part 145 environment.
• Must have a thorough working knowledge and understanding of FARs, aircraft technical bulletins, service bulletins, airworthiness directives, aircraft systems, and the ability to communicate this knowledge to the required persons.
• Previous Maintenance Manager or Chief Inspector experience preferred.
• FAA Airframe and Power Plant Certification or license (A&P)
• Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and must meet the company's vehicle insurance requirements.
• Subject to pre-employment and random drug testing.
• Aircraft maintenance: 10 years (Required)
• Aircraft Maintenance Supervisory: 5 years (Preferred)
• Airframe & Powerplant License (Required)
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Southwest Aerospace Technologies Company Overview
Southwest Aerospace Technologies, LLC is a private aviation company, specializing in private jet aircraft parts and component repairs. Southwest Aerospace Technologies, LLC is a certified FAA/EASA/TCCA 145 repair station with a limited airframe, accessories, engine and propeller rating. Southwest Aerospace Technologies focuses on high quality service to customers in the areas of aircraft maintenance, maintenance support, parts and component repair, and consulting.