Student Engineer Graduate Student Rd Aerospace Systems Engineerin Hot
- Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Job ID
Student Engineer Graduate Student Rd Aerospace Systems Engineerin job at Southwest Research Institute in Oklahoma City OK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Who We Are:
The Aerospace Systems Engineering Section in Oklahoma performs R&D engineering projects tied to DoD aircraft subsystems including avionics and propulsion. Efforts include automated technology insertion R&M improvements supportability enhanced troubleshooting processes.
Objectives of this Role:
- Generate advanced applications proving results for complex technical challenges
- Advance and apply new Artificial Intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) technologies to solve real life problems that increase troubleshooting and system maintenance capabilities
- Support the expansion of technological capabilities leading to process and performance improvement in maintenance and sustainment
- Develop solutions for DoD customer problems tied to aging aircraft and sustainment issues to improve performance and prolong weapon system life
- Provide solutions to engineering problems to benefit current and future customers
- Present and pursue ideas for internal research and development to aid in long term business objectives tied to aerospace/avionics improvements through the use of AI/machine learning (ML)
- Develop techniques to support AI/ML tools
- Support development of toolsets supporting advanced predictability of failures and troubleshooting for DoD customers
- Support team in preparing and presenting solutions and approaches at internal and customer meetings and design reviews
- Support team involved in new business development activities including identification of new business opportunities proposal writing budget estimating and customer presentations
- Must be pursuing a BS Masters or PhD in EE CE or directly related engineering major
- Year round co-op or summer 2021 student
- Accomplished in AI/ML/Convolutional Neural Networks (CNN) algorithm development; EE CE or directly related
- Proficiency with development and use of AI ML algorithms for real-world applications
- Ability to work effectively by oneself and in a team environment; Strong written communication and presentation skills; proficiency with MS Office products
- A valid/clear drivers license is required
Work assignment is in Oklahoma City Oklahoma. Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
Job Locations: Oklahoma City Oklahoma
For more information about this division visit the Defense and Intelligence Solutions home page.
For information about SwRIs benefits please review our Benefits Brochure .
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disabled/Veteran
Committed to Diversity in the Workplace
Southwest Research Institute Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.