2021 Summer Intern Quality Engineering Featured
- Wichita, Kansas
- Job ID
2021 Summer Intern Quality Engineering job at Spirit AeroSystems Holdings in Wichita KS
Description, duties, responsibilities
Flight begins at Spirit AeroSystems where our products are taking off somewhere around the world every minute of every day. We design and build large structural parts for the worlds premier commercial aircraft (think Boeing and Airbus) as well as top Defense and other cutting edge programs.
Spirit AeroSystems is a global company with a diverse work force spread across three continents. Our headquarters is in Wichita Kansas. There is opportunity for you to be part of an innovative team in the growth industry of aerospace.
Flight begins with you at Spirit AeroSystems a place where you can explore your interests and grow your career by working on impactful projects.
As a Quality Engineering Intern you can expect to:
- Develop processes systems and equipment that ensure quality reliability and safety.
- Analyze requirements for the development or modification of methods procedures and metrics to ensure quality standards and practices.
- Provide material review dispositions for nonconforming materials parts and equipment.
- Perform scientific evaluations analyses and processes audits.
- Test and approves products processes equipment and measurement systems.
- Participate in design and product reviews to ensure that producibility inspectability reliability safety Quality system integrity and business process
- Management objectives are met.
- Research industry standards analyze and compile performance reports and process control statistics to improve process capability or product quality.
- Perform root cause analyses and recommend corrective actions necessary to reduce nonconformance to design specifications.
- Interface with company employees suppliers customers and regulatory agencies to ensure compliance.
- Use statistical methodologies to ensure that specified levels of safety reliability and process capability are achieved maintained or improved.
- Gain real-world practical and leadership skills through challenging hands-on opportunities.
- Connect with subject matter experts mentors and decision makers.
- Be a part of an intern cohort that enjoys organized social recreational and volunteer activities.
- You must be enrolled full time in a university degree program aligned to the area of internship.
- You must be a current sophomore junior senior or graduate student in good standing with at least a 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale).
Spirit AeroSystems is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race color creed religion national origin sex sexual orientation gender identity and expression marital or civil partnership status pregnancy age disability veteran status or any other protected factor under federal state or local law.
Spirit AeroSystems Holdings Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.