General Manager Airport Services I Featured
- Seattle, Washington
- Job ID
General Manager Airport Services I job at Spirit Airlines in Seattle WA
Description, duties, responsibilities
Here at Spirit Airlines our mission is to deliver the best value in the sky and be the most successful airline on Earth!
Imagine being a Team Member in an organization introducing 100s of new aircraft that will double our fleet while scaling the organizations people process and technology infrastructure. Investing in a Rock Star like you will not only make an immediate impact on the business but help us continue building a bench of future leadership. Our Team Members develop their careers rapidly while building key skills that drive long-term success.
Be part of our Transformation Journey!
- Team-driven: Your leaders will be right beside you to mentor share ideas and collaborate. Peers and leaders are valuable contributors.
- The Sky is No Limit: Our constant growth means boundless career opportunities. There is no limit to how fast and how far you can grow within this organization.
- The Giving Spirit: We are committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work.
- Competitive base salaries with robust health and welfare benefits
- Agile career paths and accelerated career advancement
- Travel and flight benefits for you and your family
About this Job
Our General Manager of Airport Services is in charge of leading the day-to-day operations to meet Spirit Airlines performance goals drive improvements to reduce costs oversee manpower planning and staff development to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures in a safe and professional manner.
- Ensure outstanding operational performance through effective cross functional leadership during day to day operations.
- Build Effective Leadership and Support Teams.
- Drive financial success to produce a high quality cost effective business unit through sound and innovative financial oversight and management.
- Cultivates a professional team based work environment offering development opportunities for team members through the creation of performance expectations mentoring and conducting regular performance evaluations.
- Encourage team member cooperation through briefings and leading by example. Document reviews of team member performance and respond to team members professional and personal issues.
- Experience developing and managing department budgets both capital and expense. Manage and monitor budgets and spending.
- Review team member work schedules and look for innovative ways to reduce cost and improve efficiencies. Actively seek and recommend cost savings ideas.
- Lead multiple vendors in different facets of the operation to produce a cohesive team producing superior operational performance. Takes a leading role in managing complex projects while still managing day to day productivity.
- Accurately scopes out tasks and projects sets goals breaks down work into process steps develops schedules and efficiently assigns resources. Uses resources effectively to obtain optimal results.
- Looks for innovative ways to improve systems makes adjustments as needed and measures results.
- Is dedicated to providing the highest quality results at the lowest total cost. Can design effective processes procedures and practices that eliminate complexity and streamline execution. Can be counted on to successfully meet and exceed goals.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with vendors and internal customers. Knows how to accomplish tasks through formal channels and informal networks.
- Uses logic data and accurate analysis to solve difficult problems and provide efficient cost effective solutions.
- May perform other responsibilities as assigned. Responsibilities and duties may change when circumstances dictate. (e.g. emergencies change in workload rush jobs or technical developments.)
- Work experience of at least 5 years airline supervisory or management experience required.
- Undergraduate degree with 5 years airline management experience preferred.
- Must possess and maintain a valid drivers license and required FAA airport and/or Customs identification seals and authorizations.
- Occassional travel
- Frequently stands walks sits and uses eye/hand coordination
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds regularly
- Work under pressure while still maintaining near 100% accuracy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Strong knowledge of airport operations
- May be needed to work nights weekends and holidays
- Ability to work independently on multiple assignments
- Highly approachable professional demeanor.
- Please be advised that when reviewed you may be asked to complete a required assessment to be considered for this position. This assessment may be emailed to you after you apply.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to our team members including medical dental STD LTD life insurance 401(k) paid time off travel benefits and much more. We strive to maintain a professional yet friendly environment and promote professional and career development for our team members.
Spirit Airlines is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of employment are governed on the basis of merit competence and qualifications without regard to race color religion sex national origin age disability veteran status sexual orientation gender identity or any other category protected by federal state or local law.
Spirit Airlines Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.