Technician Avionics V Hot
- Springfield, Illinois
- Job ID
Technician Avionics V job at StandardAero in Springfield IL
Description, duties, responsibilities
The Avionics Technician troubleshoots and repairs (or sends out for repair) avionics systems that are malfunctioning in customer aircraft and installs avionics systems and components. Directly and openly communicates with customers regarding the status and time frame of repairs. The Avionics Technician uses sound judgment and technical aptitude to make decisions regarding installation troubleshooting and discrepancy resolution. The Avionics Technician is technically competent and is expected to be able to accomplish most of his/her duties with minimal supervision. As customers are on site at the facilities professional appearance and communication skills are required in order to create a positive and lasting professional relationship.
- Troubleshoots and repairs Flight Management Systems (FMS) Satcom and Airborne Radio Telephone Systems EGPWS/TAWS communications navigation radar TCAS/XPDR DME autopilot/flight director audio ADF Cabin Management/In-flight Entertainment (IFE) and other sophisticated avionics/electronics systems.
- Installs avionics systems on customer aircraft.
- Provides emergency power supply battery service for customer aircraft in-house.
- Maintains continuous communication with customers regarding the status of avionics work on their aircraft.
- Uses electrical hand tools testing equipment and soldering equipment.
- Documents all work accomplished (a.k.a. sign-off) in a clear concise and accurate manner.
- Works fair share of overtime and travels to customer locations or other Standard Aero facilities as required.
- Responsible for knowing understanding following promoting and continuously improving company policies and procedures.
- Observes all safety environmental and general housekeeping rules and policies.
- May perform other duties as required by the department. High school diploma or equivalent.
- AET Preferred.
- A&P license preferred.
- Formal avionics systems and electronics education/training.
- Minimum five years experience in electronics and/or avionics in the aviation industry or equivalent.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds walk bend stretch and climb ladders.
- Must have the ability to think clearly speak intelligibly on the telephone and in person.
- Must have the ability to manipulate equipment of all sizes tools computer keyboards and telephones.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces.
- Must be able to stand on hard surfaces for long periods of time.
- Must be able to see to disassemble and visually inspect.
- Must be able to hear to detect the sources of problems.
- Must have excellent hand-to-eye coordination.
- Must have good interpersonal and verbal skills in order to interface with customers and employees.
StandardAero Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.