Corporate Chief Pilot Urgent
- Madison, Wisconsin
- Annual Salary $120,000.00 - $200,000.00
- Job ID
Corporate Chief Pilot job at Sunlit Aviation in Madison WI
Description, duties, responsibilities
Sunlit Aviation is seeking a Chief Pilot/Pilot-in-Command (“PIC”) for a new 2019 HondaJet Elite flown Part 91 only and based at KMSN, the location of the company’s corporate hangar. The company’s utilization is approximately 300 hours annually. We are willing to offer the equivalent of a large-cabin salary for the most elite and experienced Chief Pilot.
The schedule necessary to service our affiliated companies (located in the Midwest) generally includes weekday morning departures from KMSN with early evening same-day returns. Minimal overnights (est. 3-5/mo.), limited weekends and night flights, and no holidays. In addition to our affiliated company locations, other commonly visited airports include MSP, MBS, DTW, DAL, SYR, TEB and RSW. This is not a commutable position and will require the candidate to reside in or relocate to the south-central WI area.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Responsibilities of the aviation department can be divided into two categories: administrative and operational. The central focus will be assuring that every precaution is utilized to transport of our associates in a safe, effective and efficient manner. Additional general responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain an operations policy manual and active aviation safety program to include flight, maintenance, training, scheduling, and pertinent company policies.
- Maintaining order and cleanliness of the aircraft and corporate hangar at all times and ensuring that the aircraft is prepared for flight with all provisions on board for the safety and comfort of the passengers.
- Responsible for all compliance and best practices with respect to aviation matters including, without limitation, compliance with all FAA and other applicable laws, regulations, requirements and standards, and compliance with all flight, maintenance and warranty requirements.
- Maintaining department records to include flight, manifest, maintenance, insurance and personnel as required by FARs, manufacturers, other federal agencies, and company policy to ensure accurate reporting and accounting.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with outside vendors to include the aircraft manufacturer, FBO’s and other logistical support.
- FAA Airline Transport Certificate with Multi-Engine Rating
- HondaJet Elite Type Rating (the company will pay for initial HJE training and all recurrent training with FlightSafety @ GSO)
- Minimum PIC time of 3500 hours of which at least 2500 hours PIC have been in Multi-Engine Aircraft including at least 1000 hours PIC in Turbo Jet Aircraft
- Must meet these requirements and all other endorsements as required by the aircraft insurer
We provide a full benefit package, included in the list below. To ensure a safe environment, we conduct background checks and drug screening prior to employment. Sunlit Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
To apply, please submit your resume via email to Heather Peterson, Director of Human Resources, at For questions regarding this position, please contact Heather at: 608-335-2595.
Job Type: Full-time
$120,000.00 to $200,000.00 /year commensurate to experience
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Pilot short term disability
- Pilot extended long-term disability/loss of license insurance
- Retirement benefits
- Relocation assistance
- Use of a company vehicle
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.